7

"Right, get out." Schlatt said with a stretch as he turned his car off. "And remember. You guys stick together. I'll call if anything goes wrong.

Scoffing slightly, you unbuckled and opened the car door. "Of course you'll call us. We'd be pissed if something happened when you're the one nagging us to be careful." You joked softly as you stepped out.

The four of you had arrived at a bar, one of the biggest in the area to be exact. This dude was a big deal according to Schlatt, so of course he would head somewhere big.

Both Ted and Charlie soon rushed by your side, walking close to you almost like body guards in a way. Schlatt trailed a little bit ahead of the three of you, he honestly seemed a bit on edge to you.

You excused yourself from Charlie and Ted for a moment before catching up with Schlatt, carefully placing your hand on his shoulder. "Hey.. are you alright? You seem tense." You asked softly.

Giving a small shrug, Schlatt sighed as he adjusted the collar of his shirt. "I feel like we've been useless, Y/N. I feel like I'm not doing my job the way I'm supposed to." He spoke to you in a low voice, not wanting the others to hear.

"What do you mean by that?" You said with a slight frown. "Schlatt you do everything you can to try and make things work out, we've been pretty successful from what I've seen.."

He shook his head and rubbed his face a bit, his gaze meeting yours for a moment. "I'm not carrying out what my dad created. What he made has gone to shit because of me. We don't have the same titles anymore, not the ones we had when he ran the place.." He trailed off slightly, before staring down at the ground. "We're only known by the people who don't like us. What my dad created, hell, people from other countries would be talking about them.."

Rubbing his back slightly, you could see where this was going. "It's not about reputation, Schlatt. It's better to stay low and do what we do rather than being exposed to the public eye."

"What about your dad, huh? He was one dickbag yet everyone knew his name.." He said with a small, slightly saddened, laugh. "Everyone feared him. What power he had."

Gripping his sleeve you shook him slightly, causing his gaze to quickly meet yours once again. "And you killed him. You caused the death of one of the most known crime bosses in this whole area. People may not know that, but they know that he's dead. And they know it was no accident, either."

After that, Schlatt went quiet for a moment. He was thinking about all of this now, and as much as he didn't really want to admit it, you were right. "Yeah. I guess I did, huh." He chuckled, before crossing his arms. "Fucking hell, quit doing that. You sure are good at cheering people up, aren't you?"

"Oh, please. I'm good at a lot of things." You said with a teasing tone, before heading back and walking with Ted and Charlie again.

They honestly seemed to be arguing from what you could understand, something about alcohol most likely since Charlie brought up the conditioner situation more than once.

An aggravated scoff escaped Charlie as he rolled his eyes. "You can drink, Ted! We're on a mission! We have to focus!"

Ted groaned in annoyance and shook his head. "Hey, come on! One or two sips wouldn't hurt! Schlatt, come on! Back me up!"

"No drinking, Ted. Charlie's right. We need to focus." Schlatt chimed in, causing Ted to cross his arms and pout slightly.

Soon Schlatt held the door open for the three of you, as you stepped in you immediately could smell all of the alcohol. Of course, it was a bar, but you've never been to a bar this strong.