18

The rest of the car ride to the hotel was quiet. The only audible noises were either the sounds of sniffles and sobs, or the sounds of the air blowing through the cars vents.

No one dared to even say a word. What was there to say, really? No possible words of comfort could even make the situation any better.

Schlatt had completely broken down. He refused to look or talk to anyone, even when you tried to comfort him he showed no reaction. What was worse is that Ted still wasn't awake, so whenever he managed to get up you would have to explain what happened to him. And nobody wanted to hear that all again.

Phil had absolutely refused to leave Tommy's body at the crash sight, so they wrapped him in a spare blanket and placed him in the trunk. It wasn't the most decent option, but it seemed to he the only thing any of them could leave with.

Before any of you had left, though, Phil had continously paced around, different emotions flooding through him. He would talk to himself, muttering things such as, "How am I going to tell his mother?", and, "Why did it have to be him, of all people, why him?"

Wilbur was especially torn up, getting him away from Tommy's body was a real challenge. He would scream and crying and even threw punches at one point, but he eventually had no choice but to give in.

Since the van was full and the other car was completely trashed, the others just crammed together in the other car and followed behind the van.

Arriving at a hotel was almost like relief had hit all of you. All of you were exhausted, worn out, full of grief, and not to mention everyone definitely wanted- or needed- a shower.

It was hard to explain to the staff why a few of you were visibly injured, but luckily the guys were so used to lying and making things up that their lies slipped right by.

All of you split up into different rooms, you stayed with Charlie, Schlatt, and Ted, since it was already what you were used to. The others just split up into a room or two, just for the space and privacy.

When all of you got settled into your room, Schlatt immediately left to take a shower. You figured he just needed some time alone for a bit, which you didn't blame him at all for.

You and Charlie just focused on getting Ted settled down for now, but while you worked on that you heard a small knock on the door. "I'll get it." You said as you perked up quietly, before heading over to the door.

Opening the door, you were met with Techno, who was leaning against the door frame. He looked at you, before letting out a sigh. "Hey. Where's Schlatt?"

"In the shower. I think he needed a moment alone.. why, is something wrong?" You asked softly, carefully holding onto the door frame.

He gave a small nod, lowering his voice down a bit. "Phil wants to leave. After what just happened he wants to get Tubbo home so he's safe. Not to mention Tommy's mother still needs to know.." He muttered softly, before rubbing his face. "Alex and I are going with them. Wilbur wants to stay here and continue the mission with you guys."

That honestly didn't surprise you much. You didn't want the others to continue if they were still mourning. But the Wilbur bit surprised you. He was more torn up than the others, yet he still wanted to stay?

"I'll let him know.. when are you guys planning on heading out?" You asked, giving an understanding look. "I'm assuming your going to get his body back to his family, too.."

Techno just nodded again, another sigh escaping him. "Yeah. We plan on leaving early in the morning, just so we can get some rest before we hit the road. I wanted to let you guys know."