24

"I say we take the fucker out now." Schlatt muttered, cracking his knuckles as he stared at the door.

You looked at him and placed your hand on his shoulder. "Are you nuts? There's probably more people nearby. He calls someone on us and we'll be dead meat."

Schlatt huffed and grabbed his gun, cocking it back slightly. "So we make sure he doesn't have anytime to call."

It was hard to agree with this plan at all, but Ted stepped forward. "He's right. We won't have another opportunity like this. We take him now as a group and we could get out of here home free."

Charlie on the otherhand was starting to look at bit pale, his hands shaking a bit. Carefully you placed your hands on shoulders, trying to calm him. "Charlie, breathe.. okay?" You spoke softly. "When's the last time you took your meds?"

"It's not that.." Charlie said softly, before rubbing his hands over his face. "I just.. I don't know if I can do this.."

Both Schlatt and Ted looked a bit surprised as they stared at Charlie for a moment. "What do you mean?" Schlatt asked with a huff. "Charlie, we've waited for this moment for years now, why do you all of a sudden-"

Standing up straight, Charlie let out a huff, wincing in pain. "I-I don't know! I just.. I-I can't, okay?!"

"Charlie.." You spoke softly, carefully standing up with him and pulling him into a gentle hug. "I'll stand right by you, okay? I'm sure Ted and Schlatt can do this. Besides, if they need help we can jump in. I know you don't want too, but if it's necessary, we're right here.."

Rubbing his face, Charlie had slight tears in his eyes now. "It's just.. the last time we were at this point of a mission, I almost died. I don't wanna go through that shit again.. I don't want any of us going through that shit.."

Ted chuckled a bit, standing up straight and joining in on the hug. "We've got each other. No matter what happens, we'll all be okay. I promise."

The three of you just hugged it out for a moment, Schlatt just standing there and watching. Finally he caved in and joined in as well, hugging all of you close.

All of you stayed together for about a minute or two, before finally pulling away. "Alright.. are we ready for this?" Ted asked softly.

Before any of you could answer the door to the office swung open, causing all of you to freeze where you were. Carson snickered and cracked his knuckles. "I suggest next time you make your plans a bit more quietly."

Though all of you were frozen in fear for a moment, Schlatt soon charged forward, tackling Carson onto the ground. Ted honestly went to help him, while you and Charlie rushed into the office, closing and locking the door behind all of you.

Carson bit Ted's hand and kicked Schlatt off of him, which allowed you and Charlie to jump in and hold him down. He smirked a bit as he continued to fight back. "Do all you want! Guards are already on the way!"

"Slit his fucking throat!" Schlatt practically barked out, standing up to regain his balance. "Let's end this asshole while we're here!"

Now the situation was getting tense. It was all happening so fast, you weren't sure about any of it now.

While your thoughts were flooded Carson practically punched both you and Charlie off of him, standing up and laughing a bit. "You really think it's gonna be that easy, Schlatt?! I've worked too hard to be ambushed and killed!"

Furious, Schlatt stood there, grabbing his gun. "You haven't done shit! All you've done is been an asshole to everyone! You call that hard work?!"