31

CW - This chapter kinda like- goes through a brief scene of childbirth in a way- nothing too in detail but I'll put ⚠️ around the sections so if you don't wanna read you can skip!!

Forget any smut chapter I've ever written, THIS is what I'd like to apologize in advance for.

~

As the boys rushed you in and checked you into the hospital, you had to constantly assure them that everything was fine. Schlatt absolutely refused to leave your side as you were taken into a room, even threatening a few of the doctors as they tried to do a few tests.

When everything had calmed down and settled, though, the four of you sat in your room, practically in silence. You laid in bed anxiously, while the boys practically did their own thing.

Schlatt paced back and forth around the room, his hands behind his back as if he was impatiently waiting. Charlie sat in a chair next to you and held your hand, and Ted was out, taking a look at the gift shop to relieve some stress.

Though things were panicked and stressful before, things were surprisingly calm now. The room was quiet, it was just the three of you for now. The four of you, when Ted entered again.

"So, I've been looking-" Ted said softly as he entered the room, shutting the door behind him. "For as long as we've been prepared for this- we've never thought of names."

You sat up and immediately began thinking, but Ted was right. The only time you guys brought up named was when they joked about it. But you had never sat down and genuinely discussed names.

Glancing at all three of the boys, you let out a small sigh. "Well, there's no better time to do it then now. We should decide on a name."

Chuckling a bit, both Schlatt and Ted pulled up a chair, Ted carefully placing his hand on yours, while Schlatt casually leaned back and propped his feet up. "Well, it'd be easier if we actually knew what the kid was." Schlatt said with a laugh.

"Well, we can think of names for both!" You said with a bright smile. "It can't be that hard." You said softly.

Oh, but it was.

Like all of the other times, the boys couldn't help but joke around. Mainly when it came to boy names. Charlie was suggesting things like 'Goobert' and 'Gooseph', while Schlatt and Ted thought of the most uncommon yet goofy names, like 'Leroy' and 'Ernie'.

Though, you were against all of those. It's not like they weren't good names- but it was obvious they found it funny. And, no offense to your goofy boys, but you wanted them to take it seriously.

Finally they began suggesting more serious names, and even though they were going good with boy names, reaching possible girl names is where it got a bit hard.

Well, at least it was obvious what kind of baby they wanted.

Sitting in silence, Ted soon sat up a bit and rubbed the back of his neck. "Hey, uhm.. Y/N.. if it's a girl, could I.. suggest a name?"

Smiling a bit, you carefully held his hand. "Go ahead, Ted."

"Well, if it's a girl.. I'd like to name it after my mom." He said softly, his hand carefully squeezing onto yours.

The room fell silent for a moment. Ted rarely ever talked about his family. His real family. He knew what your father did to them, yet he didn't like to bring it up.

Her name was Evelyn. And though you never knew her, Ted would talk about her a lot. When the two of you were younger, at least. Ted couldn't remember much about her either, but he still adored her.