22

Waking up the next morning was honestly one of the toughest things you had ever done. Not to mention it was extremely early, and Schlatt was the only one who didn't really do anything to mess up his sleep schedule. Ted was hungover, and both you and Charlie were exhausted, so it was honestly a task to even leave the hotel room.

Luckily as soon as you all made it to the van you were able to go back to sleep, though it wasn't as comfortable as the hotel bed, it wasn't horrible.

You got a good few more hours of asleep before finally waking up while still on the road. The sun had began to rise, and from what you could tell everyone was still mostly asleep.

Since there weren't enough seats, poor Wilbur was sitting in the floor of the van. He looked pretty comfortable, though, so you didn't want to bother him.

Looking around you saw Steggi sitting in a little cup holder, which caused you to smile and carefully grab him. You were both surprised and glad you managed not to lose him in all of the chaos, it felt nice to have something to hold onto, something to relieve all of your stress.

Charlie was sitting next to you still sound asleep, while Ted was on the other side of him. He seemed to be asleep, though he constantly stirred a bit. You couldn't help but smile as you looked at the two for a moment.

"Well, somebody's finally awake." You heard Schlatt mutter, before looking forward and seeing him sitting in one of the seats in front of you. "Sleep good last night? I'd assume you'd be pretty tired after the night you had."

Rolling your eyes, you leaned back a bit and hugged Steggi in your arms. "Please, Schlatt.."

Schlatt just snickered a bit as he turned to look at you better. "Please what? The hotel walls weren't as thick as you think. Besides, I'm not one to judge. We're all attractive, I get that. Buuttt you did it with me first, so-"

Holding your hand over your face, you let out a long sigh. "We are not having this conversation right now, Schlatt." You huffed, before glancing out of the window for a moment. "How long have we been on the road?"

"A few hours at best." Schlatt sighed, before turning around to face forward once again. "We planned on stopping somewhere up the road, just so Noah can rest and so we can get some snacks or some shit. I'd kill for some fuckin' redbull or something.."

Smiling a bit, you giggled and carefully hugged Steggi closer. "I'd say we refrain from killing anyone for now. We need to lay low. Not only is Carson on our trail, but it would be worse to have police after us, too."

Snickering, Schlatt leaned back and slowly placed a cigarette in his mouth, pulling a lighter out of his pocket. "Relax, babe. The police are already after us. We just haven't given them any new leads in a while."

A small groan could be heard from the front of the car. "Schlatt, you light that cigarette and I'm duct taping you to the roof." Noah grumbled, gripping onto the wheel.

You, on the other hand, crossed your arms and frowned in disappointment. "And I thought I told you no more smoking, Schlatt."

"Hey, you can't just tell an addict to stop and expect them too, Y/N. What do you think this is? A work of fiction?" Schlatt roller his eyes, before removing the cigarette. "But fine. I won't smoke. Not in here, at least."

After a few minutes Noah pulled into a small gas station, barely anyone was around so it was pretty much free reign for all of you.

While the others stepped out of the van, though, you worried about getting Charlie and Ted up. Charlie seemed to get up okay, but Ted just muttered some sort of gibberish and fell back asleep. There was no doubt there was most likely still some alcohol in his system, but you were just grateful he hadn't thrown up everywhere yet.