Chapter 12: The Wolf and The Hero

(Phoebe's POV)

I returned to my room after messing with Moon a little. What? I was just having a little fun. Besides I wasn't totally lying. He did look better without the hood, only I mean cuter instead of better. In any case I returned to my room and laid on the bed. Madame Garderobe was asleep so I had the room to myself.

(A few hours later...)

I suddenly felt a cold breeze and looked out the window. Somehow the castle turned back to winter, and it was snowing a lot. With a sigh I closed the window and shivered slightly. It got cold fast... I took the black apple out of my bag and stared at it, trying to distract myself from how cold it had gotten, though something caught my eye.

The glow had mysteriously faded. It wasn't gone, per se, but it was very faint. I tilted my head curiously and looked out the window. It got darker, much darker, as I got up and hummed. This castle clearly has something to do with the apple... but what? I sighed before using magic to turn myself and the apple invisible, sneaking out of my room and heading back downstairs. I reached the bottom as I noticed Choco and Glitch playing checkers nearby. I kept my noise to a minimum as I looked at the west stairs. Curiously I held the apple up towards them as its glow increased. My eyes sparkled curiously before I quietly made my way up the stairs. For some reason I got a feeling... like I wasn't supposed to go up here. I felt... mischievous. I journeyed up the steps and through a hallway, the overwhelming magic getting stronger. I looked at the walls; they had claw marks all over them. This must've been what Moon was talking about with his violent bursts.

Eventually I reached a door. It was... strange... I felt like there was something behind the door, something I shouldn't see. But the glow from the apple had progressively gotten brighter, I had to go in. I quietly opened the door and entered, looking around. I didn't see anybody, so I made myself visible again and walked around. It was another bedroom, but this one was destroyed. I looked at all the claw marks solemnly, knowing this had to be Moon's room. I then noticed a large painting, and approached it. It was clawed too, but it felt familiar. I put a hand on the painting as I stared at the figures in it. Their faces were clawed out so I couldn't tell who they were, but the glow from the apple had become so bright it was mystifying. I covered the apple with my arms before I felt uneasy. I looked around... it felt like someone was watching me, but from where? My eyes turned towards a pedestal, of which a beautiful purple rose was kept, kept from the harm of the snow by a glass case. I walked over and stared at the rose confused. I then gasped and coughed slightly. This... this was the source! This was where all that magic was coming from! I looked at the rose confused, before noticing piles of other petals and stems within. I tilted my head confused and gently placed my hand on the case.

Just then a petal from the rose fell. As it landed the castle suddenly began to rumble. I stumbled surprised, yelping in shock. I didn't fall, but I did lose grip of the apple as it rolled behind me. The rumbling stopped as I sighed shakily. I then turned to the apple and walked towards it, but before I could pick it up... another hand grabbed the apple and picked it up.

The glow was enough for me to see that it was Moon who had grabbed the apple. My heart began to race again, but the apple wasn't the only reason. Moon's aura was completely different... it was full of malice again. His grin turned dark, as he looked at me menacingly,

"And what, pray tell, are you doing here... little kitten~?" He teased, my heart getting caught in my throat upon hearing the nickname, "Didn't Glitchy tell you you weren't allowed here?" My eyes widened slightly. That was what I tuned him out on...! Moon then approached me and I stepped back anxiously. He continued to approach until my back hit something. Before I could try and get away Moon grabbed me by the shoulder tightly and kept me in place, his claws nearly digging into my skin,