Chapter 16: The Dance

(Moon's POV)

"Why do I have to wear this??" I whined as Choco and Glitch forced me to dress in a suit.

I was nothing but stubborn as I denied wearing it

I was nothing but stubborn as I denied wearing it. Choco huffed,

"Come on, young prince!! Your mademoiselle is getting dolled up and it would just be impolite for you to not do the same!" I whined,

"But whyyyyyyy?!" I face-planted into my bed embarrassed as the two sighed annoyed,

"Just get dressed, Moon." Glitch said. I looked at him a bit scared; he only said my name if he was really peeved. I sighed and grabbed the suit,

"Fiiiiiiiine." The two clapped as Choco declared,

"Excellent! Once you're done head to the main hall! You'll meet your mademoiselle there!" The two left as I looked at the suit annoyed. It was nice, don't get me wrong, I just didn't want to change. I didn't even see the point in it. But... if Phoebe was doing the same I might as well follow through. I sighed annoyed and changed into the suit. It felt a bit constricting in my legs, but y'know, wolf legs. With a sigh I then made my way down to the main hall.

When I got there I didn't see Phoebe. I whined softly and walked around, trying to get used to the suit, to no avail. As I walked I thought about Phoebe. She was the one who organized this right? Why would she? I blushed thinking about her: she was so pretty, so adorable, so strong, and above all she was an amazing person! My wings fluttered as I smiled like a dork (which I was), blushing as I twirled around. I then heard the main hall doors open as I turned and froze in place. Right there... was Phoebe:

 was Phoebe:

She was... sh-she was beautiful... Phoebe approached me as I leaned back slightly, just wanting to look at her for a bit longer,

"I like your suit." She told me. I blushed and looked away shyly,

"Th-Thanks... I-I like your d-dress too..." I replied shyly. She smiled at me before offering a hand. Curiously I took it as I noticed the others hop onto a table nearby. I blushed as I realized this wasn't just dressing nicely... she wanted to dance with me...! My face turned red as I instinctively pulled Phoebe closer, nervously putting a hand on her waist as my hand interlocked with hers. She looked at me and my hand confused,

"Oh... I wasn't planning on a ballroom dance Moon..." she said awkwardly. I blushed embarrassed and let go, looking away. She giggled softly before suddenly I heard music begin to play.

I looked towards the others confused as they didn't have anything that could play the music. I looked back at Phoebe as her hands were illuminated with magic. That was where the music came from. My eyes sparkled amazed as she tossed the magic into the air, and the melody played within the entire room. My mouth was agape before Phoebe giggled,

"I'm not exactly the most romantic... but I figured a nice duet song would be ideal for you. I'll using telepathy so you can follow along and sing with." She smiled as my eyes sparkled,

"Why would you do that?" I asked. She just giggled, then leapt back slightly and began to sing.

(At this point please play the video up top. Look I'm not a ballroom dancing romantic at least I'm not typing up the lyrics cause I'm LAAAAAZYYYYY)

As she sang she also danced around as I found myself entranced. When she looked at me I heard her in my head tell me the lyrics, as I quickly sang them, not exactly confident in my voice. Phoebe just smiled warmly, proud of me as she continued to sing. She grabbed my hands and pulled me along, causing me to dance with her as I blushed intensely. Despite my clumsiness she danced with me fluidly, her twists and twirls entrancing as she helped me get into the rhythm. The two of us sang in harmony; she sang one part, I sang the other.

Once the chorus came she let go of me and started dancing on her own. Her dance was mystifyingly childish, yet still was organized and not at all clumsy. I stumbled a little in surprise of how well she danced. She was... having fun. I began to smile; I should have fun too. Phoebe made finger guns towards me as her telepathy gave me the next lyrics. I then sang happily and teleported in front of her, taking her hand and spinning her around a little as she giggled. When it was her turn to sing she turned her back to me and turned her head towards me, seemingly blinking, but my soul told me she winked as I blushed. I continued to sing as my wings worked their magic on their own, lifting me up as I flew over to Phoebe and gently took her hands, dancing around in the air as she followed on the floor. I gently held her hands and got closer to her face as I sang. She blushed before I let go and flew up, the two of us singing after each other in perfect harmony again. Then something interesting happened. As we reached the chorus Phoebe flew up towards me, levitating as my eyes sparkled for the millionth time.

She and I flew around each other. I was completely mesmerized by her. She and I continued to sing before she took my hands. We both landed as we finished the bridge, and after a second, we both danced together, singing the rest of the song. We both danced in harmony, as I stared down to match her steps so I wasn't stumbling. She was completely in control of her rhythm as she melodically danced. However during the last lines Phoebe stumbled over her feet and nearly fell. My heart raced as I turned to her and caught her. The two of us blushed as we ended up in a dip. Then we both started giggling childishly.

This... this was amazing... as I stared at Phoebe she was smiling. Not a care in the world except me holding her. She gently cupped my face as I let her this time, watching her before she giggled and nose booped me. I blushed before I finally understood.

I was in love with Phoebe.