T W O

// UNEXPECTED \\

// UNEXPECTED \\

The alarm rang through Seraphina's ears, and the girl tried to desperately block it out. She was only successful for so long, before it started again. She groaned and grumbled something to do with hating early mornings.

But, her morning didn't become so tiring as she heard something smash against the wall. She peeked her eye open and saw her alarm clock...in pieces...by her door. She looked to her hand, which had been outstretched, and she could've sworn she saw gold mist twinkle by her fingers.

"What the fu–"

"Seraphina!" Charlie scolded after waltzing into her room and spotting the broken alarm clock. "What happened?"

"I, uh...I didn't want to wake up?" Seraphina offered and Charlie seemed to have bought it.

"I'm picking Bells up today, so...you'll see her after school." Charlie smiled warmly at his daughter before pointing her. "No more breaking alarm clocks. That's the fifth one in the past two weeks!"

"What can I say? I like my sleep." Seraphina shrugged from her position as best she could and laughed heartedly as her dad scoffed whilst he left the room.

Frowning at the smashed alarm clock, Seraphina got out of bed and began getting ready for her day at school. She grabbed some clothes and a pair of shoes before heading to the bathroom, taking a much needed shower after the whole...alarm clock smashed without her touching it.

Once she was done, Seraphina dried, brushed and styled her hair before cleaning her teeth. The girl then smiled to herself.

"It'll be a good day." She muttered to her reflection in the mirror. She nodded and walked from the bathroom. She picked up her bag and phone and started her trek downstairs, where her friend, Caleb, awaited.

"Finally. Sleeping beauty everyone!" Caleb cheered sarcastically and Seraphina frowned.

"What do you mean? This is on time!" She argued before glancing at the clock and seeing that they had five minutes to get to school. "Oh. Well...you see...my uh, alarm clock broke."

"It's fine, Sara, just get in the damn car." The friends, as well as Charlie (who was getting a last minute cup of coffee for the ride to the airport), laughed.

"Bye, Dad!" Seraphina called and without waiting for a reply, slipped from the Home that she wouldn't return to for six to seven hours.

~

"Can anyone tell me what date the American Civil War took place in?" The History teacher asked, and Seraphina put her hand up, which was a rare occassion. "Miss. Swan?"

"Sir, the Civil War began on April twelth, eighteen-sixty-one and it ended on April nineth, eighteen-sixty-five." Seraphina smiled to herself at the revelation that she had gotten the dates correct, but, it wasn't really that exciting about her correct answer because over the summer, she didn't know why, but she began to become really interested in the Civil War.