T W E N T Y - F I V E

// MATES AND DATES \\

Seraphina was in her History class. She was seated next to Jasper, like she always was, but she couldn't listen to the teacher.

Her mind was swarmed with thoughts that she wished would just...fuck off.

She looked off to her right and saw Alex was sat in Jackson's old seat. Her breath hitched as images of Jackson's body came back to her. She could never get over the look in the boy's eyes.

Alex looked over, feeling eyes on him, and smiled comfortingly at Seraphina, who just looked away. He sighed, knowing he'd have to do something to make her warm up to him.

"You okay?" Jasper finally questioned, to which she hummed. Jasper knew she wasn't fine. He glanced over at Alex, who he knew Seraphina had looked at, and glared.

Jasper believed Alex had something to do with Seraphina's dazed mood. And he wasn't entirely wrong.

"You will have homework due for two week's time." The teacher announced and the bell struck. Seraphina was quick, along with Jasper, to gather their stuff. Once their equipment was all packed away and chairs were put under the desk, Jasper wrapped his arm around Seraphina's waist, the couple then headed towards the canteen.

Seraphina placed a warm kiss to Jasper's cheek before getting in line to order food. Jasper went to their usual desk, mainly to make sure they had a seat, and waited.

"Boo." Seraphina jumped as she was about to grab a tray and turned to look at whoever spooked her.

She groaned at the smirking face of Alex.

"What?" She harshly asked, and the raven haired boy gasped, holding a hand to his heart.

"Now, baby sister, is that any way to treat your brother?"

"You aren't my brother until you earn my respect." Seraphina snapped, grabbing a couple things before walking away. She did feel bad for snapping at Alex like that, but he was almost a complete stranger to her.

"You know..." Alex trailed off, walking behind the tribrid girl. "You weren't given to Charlie after you were born."

This made Seraphina stop.

"You were with us. For a few years, in fact." Alex added on. He noticed Seraphina had sat down, so he did the same. "Mother dearest gave you away when you were six."

"So–"

"Please. Give me a chance, Seraphina." Alex begged and Seraphina sighed.

"Just...let me think it through." Seraphina whispered and Alex nodded. He was about to get up when the canteen doors opened and in walked Bella. Seraphina smiled faintly at the brunette when she looked their way, but was quick to look away from Bella.

"Who was that?" Alex asked, not tearing his gaze from the brunette.

"Bella Swan. The Chief's actual daughter." Although Seraphina loved Bella dearly, she couldn't help but seem bitter.