E I G H T

// KISS YOUR LICENSE \\

Seraphina slid down the side of the truck, not caring that the ground was wet and was getting her legs wet. She felt like crying, but then she felt like hitting something at the same time.

What did she make Caleb forget? Did it even work?

Seraphina groaned, letting her head fall backwards. She jumped as the sound of a ringing bell pierced the silence and the bustle and chatter of students filled her vision. She scambled to her feet quickly, waiting patiently for Bella to arrive. She wanted a ride home with her sister, just wanting to forget the fact Jasper Hale had seen the scene.

When Seraphina finally saw her sister coming towards the truck, she smiled slightly, not one that reached her eyes but one that showed she was okay if Bella was to wonder.

Seraphina then glanced at the golden onion in her sister's hand and raised a brow, crossing her arms.

"Mr. Molina gave you that?" She asked with a surprised tone and Bella looking up from her feet quickly. She nodded, too surprised at the fact Seraphina was by her truck to answer. "That's a surprise. Must've had a geek sitting with you." Seraphina didn't miss the blush that made its way to Bella's face, obviously being reminded of someone.

"W-well...maybe?" The two sisters chuckled and then Seraphina sighed.

"I'm sorry about my attitude towards Eric this morning."

"It's cool. Eric explained that you are annoyed easily." Bella laughed and Seraphina frowned, looking at her sister with slight hurt. "What?"

"You say that as if...i were a stranger to you." Seraphina looked at the ground, questioning herself. She had always looked up to Bella. Even though the girl herself was outgoing and Bella was not, she was envious of Bella's ability to just...stay out of the way. To not speak up during conversations unless spoken to - almost.

"Well, i mean...you kind of-" Bella was cut off by the sounds of screaching tires. Both girls turned and stood with fear as a van was skidding on the black ice that littered the parking lot's surface. It was headed directly for her. As the van got closer and closer, Seraphina made out that Tyler was the one in the driver's seat and gulped. She looked to Bella and things to be in slow motion.

With no recognition of her actions, Seraphina pushed Bella out of the way, knocking her at least five foot from the truck and turned back to face the van with wide, terrified eyes. There wasn't enough time to get herself out of this mess. She looked to her right, straight at Jasper.

"Forgive me." She whispered, knowing that ever since he had been hanging around her he was happy. Even a blind person could see it. However, she didn't know that Jasper had heard the words. She didn't know how broken and fearful he felt at those words.

Jasper watched the tears fall from her eyes as the van was now a mere few feet from her. He couldn't stand by. He sent an apologetic look to his family before speeding to Seraphina. He must've knocked her with such force because she almost flew back into the red, beat up old truck and she hit her head hard.