F I V E

// WAILING WOMEN \\

// WAILING WOMEN \\

The Cullen's stared at Seraphina as the girl let tears fall. She couldn't turn back and face the body of the boy. She couldn't.

"He's dead." She repeated, her voice cracking. "I-I hate him but he..." Seraphina trailed off as her body wracked with sadness and sobs.

Rosalie Hale sped to the girl, not caring about their exposure, and enveloped her into a hug. Whilst she did she glanced up at the body in the trees and she tensed. Now she could see why Seraphina was so damn shook.

"We should get back." Emmett offered, walking up to Seraphina and Rosalie. He placed a hand in his wife's shoulder and gave it a small squeeze.

"She's asleep." Jasper called out from where he stood. He was a little bit behind the others. He was still struggling to control his impulse for human blood, and now Seraphina was asleep. The only girl he doesn't want to kill is asleep. He could tell because her feelings were gone. And she definitely wasn't dead because he could hear her small rhythmical breaths.

"What do we do?" Alice asked, nervously glancing at Rosalie and Seraphina, then to Jasper.

"Take her back to our place?" Emmett offered and Rosalie nodded.

"Probably a better idea then taking her back to school." Rosalie added and the others seemed to agree. So, in one swift motion, Rosalie picked Seraphina up as if she were paper and carried her bridal style. When Rosalie went to pass Jasper, the Texas Major held out his arms. "Be careful with her." Rosalie warned, letting her brother hold the sleeping girl.

The family all walked out of the woods. No one was around so the end of the school day hadn't arrived yet, and they swiftly made haste for their cars. They all clambered inside. Seraphina was now lying in Jaspers lap as he held her to his chest a bit, glancing down at her tear streaked face.

"What was that wail she gave out?" Benjamin asked, glancing at Seraphina through the rearview mirror as he was driving their car.

"Her scream?" Alice questioned, making sure she was on the same line of thought at her boyfriend. Benjamin nodded and Alice frowned. She didn't know.

"Could she be a...Banshee?" Benjamin offered and Alice scoffed.

"Banshee's don't exist, Benny."

"We're not meant to exist, either." Benjamin retorted before sighing. "Think about it, Allie. The wailing woman. Seraphina screamed when she saw the body."

"A normal person would!" Alice argued and Benjamin scoffed.

"Not like that, they don't."

"She couldn't be a Banshee." Jasper piped up and the couple in the front quietened, waiting for their adoptive brother to carry on. "She had these...powers. It's like they were awakening. She had no idea what they were."