S E V E N

// ICY MORNINGS \\

// ICY MORNINGS \\

Seraphina waited outside for Jasper to come and get her to take her to Forks Highschool. She waited, almost impatiently, and she found herself fiddling with the hem of her black skirt.

It was slightly cold and the driveway had ice on it. She didn't fancy falling, so she waited by the steps and tried to find a way around the patches of ice.

Seraphina checked her watch and realised that Jasper was five minutes late. She shrugged to herself, figuring that something at home had him caught up. With her newfound time, Seraphina thought back to what Jasper had said the night he first drove her home.

"My family and I..." he trailed off, and Seraphina just waited patiently as he began to drive. "We're not normal either."

She hummed in wonder, but she didn't have to ponder for long. Soon, Jasper's familiar vehicle pulled into the driveway. Just as Seraphina was about to make her leave for the vehicle, her sister came out from the front door.

"Dad, i can drive myself to school." Bella said just as Charlie drove into the driveway. Jasper had allowed enough room to do so.

"Bella!" Seraphina called, lurched forwards to stop her sister from taking a step on the ice, but both siblings fell down on it. Seraphina ended up sliding near the truck and Bella was just flat on her ass.

"You okay, Bells? Sara?" Charlie asked, glancing between both siblings before deciding to help Bella up first. He went to go help Seraphina up, but Jasper walked up to the girl and placed a steady arm under her arms, hoisting her up almost effortlessly.

"Ice doesn't help the uncoordinated." Bella groaned and Seraphina chuckled.

"Clearly. I tried warning you, Bella." Bella sent a small smile to Seraphina, who giggled and smiled back. The siblings were both clumsy, although Bella was significantly worse. "I'll see you both later." Seraphina bid her goodbyes to Charlie and Bella before following Jasper to his car. The boy opened the passenger door and motioned for Seraphina to sit inside. The girl giggled and sat in, Jasper then closed the door and got in the drivers seat.

"Any music, ma'am?" He asked, the southern accent prominant. Seraphina always loved to hear the tone of his voice and how it seemed to be made effortlessly. It rolled off his tongue with grace and Seraphina loved it.

"Gotta have some good old Bon Jovi." Seraphina laughed to herself, digging out her iPod and playing Wanted Dead or Alive by Bon Jovi. She didn't care how many times she had listened to the song, it would always be her favourite.

Jasper seemed to become slightly entranced with the melody as he reversed out the Swan's driveway before he then drove down the road, towards the school.

"It's all the same." She began, her own voice sounded like a spell to Jasper. He loved how soft her voice was, even though she was singing loudly. "Only the names will change. Everyday, it seems we're wasting away."