F O U R T Y - T W O

// LITTLE LULLABIES \\

That night, the Cullen house was silent. No one was asleep, but no one was really awake. Seraphina stood on the balcony of her shared room with Jasper and now Noah, said little boy on her hip whilst she smiled and pointed out the constellations she could see.

Anything to get her mind off of the impending war. Seraphina knew she'd take part, and she knew anything could happen. So, where there was an unknown certainty in her future, how long her life will be, she knew she had to make her time with her son as precious as possible.

She had to.

And, as she was pointing out the constellations, her mind became blank. She forgot about the newborn army, she forgot about her little fight with Alex - where they had, indeed, made up and become civil once more - and she even forgot about her upcoming wedding. Of which, the date was still undecided.

Seraphina didn't see the adoring look her son gave her as he stared at her, nor did she see the little blue mist that came from the boy's hands that slowly wrapped around her, giving her brunette hair a slight glow.

Noah coed and giggled, clapping his hands a little, and Seraphina turned her head to smile at him. She beamed at her son as she saw the blue mist and the slightly golden flecks in his eyes. Raising her free hand in front of him, she used her magic to create a beautiful, glowing butterfly that flew around them and the room.

Humming to herself, Seraphina swiftly moved towards the boy's cot, where she then stood in front of it and rocked her son gently.

"Lavender's blue, dilly dilly, lavender's green..." Seraphina softly sang, watching as her son's eyes flickered a little as he tried to stay awake, but tiredness was catching up on the young baby. The golden butterfly softly flapped its golden dusted wings as it fluttered around the room, mainly above Seraphina and Noah. "When i am King, dilly, dilly, you shall be queen." The song, Lavender's blue dilly dilly had been a song that Charlie used to sing to Seraphina when she was a baby. And, it was now the song she'd sing to her little Noah. "Who told you so, dilly, dilly, who told you so?"

As Seraphina sang, the whole of the Cullen house sat in further silence, they eyes closing as they listened to the sweet melody and the soft voice that sang it.

"'Twas my own heart, dilly, dilly, that told me so. Call up your men, dilly, dilly, set them to work. Some to plough, dilly, dilly, some to the fork...Some to make hay, dilly, dilly, some to cut corn, while you and i, dilly, dilly, keep ourselves warm." Noah's eyes fully closed and sleep consumed him, of which Seraphina softly smiled at before she gently laid her son into his cot and leant over, kissing his forehead before pulling the blanket up.

"You've got a nice voice." Jasper whispered, which Seraphina heard as clear as day. She turned and sent her fiance a smile, a loving one, before she glanced at their son.