10

Third person POV

Kartoffel slowly woke up yawning, she rubbed her eyes as she got up, however just as she was about to jump of the bed she remembered Vestal's words. Looking for the wheelchair she finds it on the left side of her bed.

The little girl was able to get in relatively easy, however she didn't like sitting in it at all. It brought back a few bad memories.

Just as she was about to make her way to the door, it opens up and Vestal was in the doorway.

Vestal : oh? I see that you've already gotten into the wheelchair, good. I'll take you to the bathroom, although you'll be using the bathtub this time since you're not allowed to walk for a few days.

Vestal grabs the handles and takes Kartoffel away to the bathroom, along the way they both had a little conversation.

Vestal : so how was it like, dying i mean?

Kartoffel : well one moment i'm blacking out on the ocean surface, and then i'm in the middle of some frozen wasteland. So i don't really know what..... Death feels like.

Vestal : i see....... That's good, nothing hurt you mentally i hope?

Kartoffel shook her head, although she let out a yawn as well. Vestal smiled a little as a thought came up in Vestal's mind.

'she'​s like a little kitten! '

They both rounded the corner and nearly slammed into Enterprise and Belfast who were walking down the hallway.

Belfast looked at Kartoffel and bowed at her, which prompted Enterprise to look away with a little guilt.

Belfast : thank you for saving my sisters, i don't what i could ever do without them.

Enterprise : and i'm sorry for not being able to save you in time.....

Kartoffel let out a little giggle and waved them off.

Kartoffel : don't worry about it, i've never had sisters before, besides the Cleveland class, so i wouldn't know how much it would've impacted you if they were sunk.

Belfast continued to bow for a few seconds before straighting herself and smiling at the young girl.

Belfast : now then, where might you two be going?

Vestal : we're making our way to get a bath for Kartoffel, she could go herself but her tibia is cracked.

The duo winced as they gazed at Kartoffel with empathy.

Kartoffel shrugged her shoulders at them, acting as if it wasn't too bad.

Belfast : is there any way to repay you?

And without missing a beat the young girl imediately​ said-

Kartoffel​ : cheesecake.

Belfast : very well, me and Enterprise will be heading to the office, if you need any of us just beckon towards one of the maids to send us word.

The little girl nodded, soon the two shipgirls left, leaving Vestal and Kartoffel alone once more. They then continued their way towards the bathroom.

Once they reached the door Vestal opens the door and helps Kartoffel to wash herself, since she was still a but injured.

Kartoffel : so what are we eating today?

Vestal : hmmm......... I guess we could eat some lasagna?