12

Third person POV

It had been a couple days since Kartoffel sustained the leg injury, it would still need more time to heal completely. Additionally she was finally allowed to sleep in her own dorm room once Vestal had made sure she healed just enough.

So that was what she was doing, sleeping on a bed, hugging a plushie of a Manjuu. The rest of Azur Lane were either working, learning, eating or just simply sleeping, such as Laffey.

Out in open water however, was the infamous wolfpack closing in on their target. The pack was composed with the ships, U-47, U-556, U-557 and U-110.

The leader of the pack was U-557, since she did have the most experience with sneaking on to enemy land undetected.

U-557 motioned the other three to follow her, they all nodded their heads and formed a formation behind her. She led them closer to the shore, near the dorms, since the chatter from the shipgirls on the beach kept talking about Kartoffel.

U-557 : you'd think that they would try to keep her location a secret, but i guess they're just overconfident. Okay form up on me, we're gonna go through the top window on the left wing of the building.

U-110 : why the left? The right side is for cultured people.

U-557 : *inhale*... *sigh* precisely, they'll never expect it, makes sense now?

U-110 took a moment to think to herself before nodding, the shark hoodie bobbing along with her head. U-557 let out another tired sigh before reaching into her backpack, pulling out a rope with a hook tied to the end of it. Swinging it around to gain momentum, and then letting let.

The hook went through open window, U-557 gave the rope a few firm tugs to make sure it was secure before looking at her sisters.

U-557 : alright, i'll be heading up first and then you three follow after me, okay?

The three other U-boats nodded their heads, U-557 began to climb up the wall using the rope, reaching the window she grips the window frame and hoist herself up, befors blinking in surprise.

Laying on a bed before U-557,was her target hugging a body pillow, along with the blanket covering her.

U-557 muttered to herself.

U-557 : that's convenient.

Stepping into into the room she looks back outside and signals them to come in, once they were close she whispered for them to stay quiet. Once they were all in, they stood around Kartoffel's bed and slowing rolling her into a blanket burrito.

Once they made sure she was still sleeping, they began to make a winch using the rope as a way to slowly put her down into the grass outside. One by one they all went down the rope, although when they were all down they had to have two of them carry Kartoffel, to stop her from waking up.

U-556 : *whispering* she's quite a heavy sleeper, isn't she?

U-110 nodded at her.

U-557 was ahead of the group, making sure that no-one had seen them.

U-47 : i'm so happy that we won't have to steal her ship since we can just wait for her to summon it, and then disable it imediately.

The others nodded their head, and then made their way back to their U-boats, putting Kartoffel's sleeping form away in one of the beds before locking that room up.

U-556 high fived her sisters, although U-557 gave a slow, tired high five.

U-556 : mission complete! Time to head back home and report to lord Bismarck!