2: I Can't Believe I Did That

(Keefe)

If I'm being honest, I didn't expect her to close her eyes, no questions asked. I couldn't deny what I felt when I grabbed her hand, so I took the chance. And now... She was kissing me back. but OF COURSE, someone had to walk in. We jerked away from each other, but Ro still caught us in the act. Fosters face is bright red, and I'm sure mine is the same.

"OH. MY. GOD." RO squealed "I've been waiting for this since I met you two!"

With that, Fosters turns a deeper shade of red, and I glare at the ogre princess.

"I'll leave you two alone," She says with a wink. once she leaves I Look back over at Sophie, whos fiddling with the hem of her tunic. With a burst of confidence, I grab both her hands. Holy crap that's a lot of embarrassment.

"Look," I start, "I really like you, Foster. More than I probably should."

"I like you to Keefe."

"I know." She shoots me a playful glare

"Way to ruin the moment."

"Who says it's ruined?" Our eyes meet, and for a second I forget what we were talking about.

Right. Our relationship.

"Keefe, I have a question."

"Ask away,"

"Will you be my boyfriend?"

"Only if you'll be my girlfriend."

"Okay then,"

She scoots a little closer to me, and I pull her into a hug, never ever wanting to let go.

"Ok you two, break it up," Elwin says, carrying a tray full of elixirs. "And don't think I didn't hear everything."

Aaaaand, Fosters a tomato again. I let go of her, but she stays leaning against me. Elwin peppers us with questions while flashing multiple different colors of lights around us.

"Y'know Sophie," Elwin says "Back when you had faded away, Keefe never left your side unless Fitz forced him too." I nod

"Yeah, I spent every hour I could by your side, spritzing Fade Fuel for you to breath in, watching the color slowly return to your face. As much as it pained me to see you like that, I didn't leave your side, even when Fitz took over, I stayed."

Her emotions turn all fluttery at this, and It makes me smile a little.

"That's when he told me how much he liked you." Elwin finishes. Sophie throws her arms around me in a big bear hug, and I squeeze her back, careful not to hurt her leg. And right then, I can feel how much she cares for me.

A/N I wasn't sure how to end this... Happy December Everyone! I can't believe 2021 is almost over (I'm still processing 2019) ~ Rae

Chapter Questions

What's your favorite subject in school?

How long have you been reading the Keeper books?

Word Count 459