New Years

Human AU

D

(Keefe)

It was 11:50 pm on December 31st, and Sophie and I settled down on the couch, mugs of hot chocolate in hand. She switches on the tv to the station filming the ball drop. I grab a fluffy purple blanket and realize we have a dilemma.

"Foster, There's only one blanket and two of us--looks like you'll need to cuddle up closer then," I whisper, smirking. She shoots me a dirty look, but scoots closer, curling up next to me as I drape the blanket over our bodies. I glance over at the clock, five minutes till midnight.

"Y'know Keefe," She whispers to me, "It's good luck to kiss someone on the New Year,"

"Well, I guess I'm lucky to have you then."

Two furry gray cats stride into the room, jumping up on the couch.

"Looks like Marty and Iggy decided to join us!" She giggles, patting Marty's head. Iggy decides to plop down on my lap and proceeds to fart.

"Oh wow-" I fan the air in front of me- "You sure are stinky."

"He really is," Sophie fans the air along with me. I look at the clock again, it was already 11:59.

"One minute until 2022, you ready?"

"As ready as I'll ever be! Who knows what could happen after the hell hole the last two years have been."

"Maybe this year we'll have zombies!"

"Don't even joke about that!" She punches me in the arm.  The people on the tv start the countdown.

10!

9!

8

7!

6!

5!

4!

3!

2!

1!

Our lips meet as the ball drops and everyone cheers for the coming of the new, and hopefully better year. I can hear people outside banging pots and pans (My cousins do this tradition, does anyone else) We break apart, our foreheads still pressed together.

"Happy New Year Keefe,"

"Happy New Year Foster,"

A/N Happy New Year readers! Hope you enjoyed yet another short one shot, I promise I'll try to make them longer in the upcoming year!~Rae

Chapter Questions

1. What are you looking forward to in 2022?

2. Do you have any New Years' resolutions? If so, what are they?