You Know Now

A/N Ok, so I should probably get used to this growing so fast, but it's weird to me. I still couldn't be more grateful that people are reading this! Oh, yeah, and this one happens right after Sophie finds out about Oralie, but Keefe was there too and Fitzphie never happened~Rae

NDY

(Sophie)

Keefe and I leaped back to Havenfeild after that intense meeting with Oralie. I was really really mad, and Keefe could tell. 

"I can't believe her!" I grumbled. Keefe lay a comforting hand on my shoulder but it was stiff and tense."I can't either, if she weren't a Councilor I would be planning a very harsh prank on her for hurting you"

"This isn't a joke Keefe!"He squeezed my shoulder, "I know Foster, just trying to make you feel better,"

I smiled at this, he was always trying to find little ways to make me smile

"Let's go inside," I decided.

We headed into Havenfeild, ignoring all of Grady and Edaline's questions, and headed up to my room. We sat on my bed, leaning into each other. 

Keefe smirked, "I think I know what will cheer you up..."

Before I even had the chance to respond, he started tickling me, making me giggle like a maniac.

"Keefe!- What- are- you- doing?" I said between laughs.

"Just like I said, making you feel better!"

"Stop it!"

"mmm, I don't think so!"

We started rolling around on my bed like puppies, I tried my best to push him off but he was so much bigger than I was. I tried one last push, but need nearly falling off the bed instead. Luckily, Keefe caught me before I crashed to the ground. that when I realized how close our faces were. And how blue his eyes are. And I had the sudden urge to kiss him. Which didn't make sense! I had thought of him as nothing more than a friend before now. But here we are. So I decided to go with my gut instinct and pressed my lips against his.

Keefe froze for a second and I panicked, realizing that I probably ruined everything then and there. But... then he kissed me back. I couldn't believe it! Even though our kiss had only lasted about ten seconds, every part of it felt magical and right. There was a spark there, something that wasn't there with my awkward kiss with Dex. That's how I knew that the conversation that would for sure be following wouldn't end in disaster.

"Did you feel that?" Keefe whispered. 

He had pulled away but still rested his forehead on mine.

"A spark? Yeah."

"What does this mean then?"

"I have no idea,"

We sat up, but we're still pressed closely together.

"Why did you kiss me?" Keefe asks, which was a pretty valid question. 

"I... don't really know. Something just came over me. I don't know how to explain it, but I'm glad I did.

"Keefe looked away, blushing slightly.

 "Look Foster, I- I've liked you since the day I met you."

My eyes well up at this, knowing that someone cared that much about me for so so long meant a lot t me. 

"I don't know what to say to that Keefe, that's so sweet. I'm sorry I didn't notice sooner."Keefe smiled softly at me. 

"That's ok. What matters is that you know now."Keefe kissed me again, and just like that, my day had gone from worst-ever to best-ever.

A/N I would like to announce that I have an updating schedule now! I will be updating on Saturdays (besides tomorrow) and Mondays ~Rae