Selection AU (pt 1)

A/N I asked y'all if you wanted one like this and inc0gnlto liked the idea, plus I've been thinking about this for a while, here we are!

This is going to be a multi-part story taking place in the Selection universe, based on Keira Cass's The Selection series. If you haven't read these books already, you definitely should, but you should be able to understand most of what's happening, if you have any questions, just ask, and I'll do my best to answer. ~Rae

(Sophie)

I can't believe I'm here right now. Just, like, a week ago I was a lowly 6 living in northwest Sonage, and now? I'm one of the 35 selected girls competing for Prince Keefe's heart.

(I did some research and the fandom wiki said that San Diego would be in Sonage)

I looked over the crowd of people seeing me off, it was like the entire providence came. Though I knew most of them weren't happy having someone from my caste representing them. But I stood there smiling and waving until finally, I could get in the limousine that would take me to the airport. On the drive there all I could think about was the night we saw my photo on The Report.

My whole family nervously sat around the television in our living room. I had always stood out from the rest of my family, a slim blonde among chubby brunettes. They called out the names in alphabetical order by providence. The tension in the room noticeably stiffened when they got to the Ms.

Harleigh Ryan from Midston, 4

Bex Dizznee from Ottaro, 5

Aleyna Benton from Paloma, 2

Lexi-May Stout from Panama, 3

Sophie Foster from Sonage, 6

 For a second we all froze and then Amy let out a high-pitched squeal. The following few days were a blur, the Ruewens, the family I worked for, were kind enough to give me the rest of the week off.  Tons of people came over, measuring me, giving me papers to sign, etc. And then suddenly, it was time. I was in the white shirt and black pants that they gave me, with my providence flower in my hair. 

I'm pulled out of my thoughts as the car stops in front of the airport. I step out and walk into the airport as a maid whose name I didn't catch carries out my bag, which contains nothing more than about 20 books and an outfit to put on when I get kicked out. 

When I walk into the airport I'm met by a girl with teal eyes and wavy brown hair. Biana Vacker from Fennley, 3.

"You must be Sophie Foster! I'm Biana Vacker,"

"It's nice to meet you!"

"We're waiting for one more person, and then we'll be on our way!" She tells me.

Just then, the doors open and in walks a tall girl with curly brown hair and purple-blue eyes. Stina Heks from Zuri, 2. I held out my hand so she could shake it but she just scoffed and tossed her hair. Soon after, we bored the plane. I had never flown before and was amazed at how such a big and heavy object could get into the air. The fight wasn't long, Sonage borders Angeles, only about 30 minutes, and when we landed at the airport, a large crowd was waiting for us. There were a lot of signs with Stina's name on them, which figures, she was a famous actor, a lot with Bianas name on them too. And even more surprising, there were quite a few with my name on them. I mostly just smiled and waved, too anxious to talk to everyone, Biana was a social butterfly though, signing autographs, taking pictures, etc.

Stina and I waited for her for about 10 minutes in the car, most of which Stina spent glaring at me. When  Biana finally arrived, she was beaming. It was about 5 minutes from the airport to the palace. I bit back a gasp when I saw the palace, I had never seen something so grand before. 

We were escorted into the palace to a place called The Women's Room, where tons of maids were bustling around, dressing and putting makeup on the girls that had arrived. I was taken away and placed on a stool.

"How would you like your hair done miss?" A maid asked.

"Uh, could you just... curl it?" I asked.

"Is that all?" She seemed surprised.

"Yeah, I'm not into anything super fancy like that,"

"Alright then, miss," 

I sat very, very still while she curled my hair, I've only done it once or twice before and I didn't want to get burned.

For makeup, she decided on gold eyeshadow, pink blush, and lipstick, she painted my nails mint green, covered me in vanilla-scented lotion, and dressed me in a red dress that went down to my ankles and had ombre gold sparkles at the bottom. I felt like a princess.

After everyone had finished, they gave us a tour of the palace and lead us to our rooms. I met my maids, three girls named Marella, Linh, and Maruca, who were very excited to help me settle into bed.

It had been a long day.

A/N I know this doesn't have any sokeefe fluff in it, that's coming I promise! As always if you could vote comment and check out my other account , that would be awesome! ~Rae