Reassurances

Sophie curled up in a ball under her covers, nuzzling her face into Ella. She could hear Iggy get up from where he was curled up on her pillow and flit over to land on her shoulder, nuzzling her cheek with his soft head. But not even the comfort from the Imp or the familiarity of her favorite stuffed animal could stop the images racing through her head.

This was the fifth night in a row she'd had these nightmares.

The first night he'd gone back to the Neverseen, for real this time.

The second night he'd broken up with her. He just didn't love her anymore. It was as simple as that.

The third night she had been tied to a chair, forced to watch as he was painfully tortured.

The fourth night, he died in her arms. She saw how the life had faded out of his eyes, his last word admitting that he loved her before his final breath escaped from his lungs.

Tonights was a little more blurry and unclear. She'd woken up, excited about something, but then, he was gone. Lots of green and what could have been a planting followed. That was all Sophie needed though.

She reached for her imparter and sent a simple three-word message.

I need you.

Tears flooded her eyes again, blurring her vision so she couldn't see the response.

She didn't need to though. Before she knew it, her boy was kneeling in front of her, every inch of his face etched with concern.

"Keefe." It was nothing more than a whisper, but all the tears she'd been holding back the past days broke through with that single word.

"Oh, Soph," Keefe moved to sit next to her, pulling her close to him, his arms circling around her. she buried her face into his shoulder, her muffled sobs filling the room. She clung to him, the tiniest bit of relief going through her when she felt his heartbeat against her chest.

He was right here

He was right here

He was right here

Sophie could feel his kisses dotting her hairline, his arm running comfortingly up and down her back, the soothing blue breezes he sent through her mind. He stayed there, holding her until her sobs turned into sniffles.

"What happened baby?" Keefe asked once she'd finally calmed down.

She recounted the dreams she'd been having over the past few days for him, and his blue eyes filled more and more with concern with every word.

When she finished he rested his hand on her jawline, tilting her chin up so he could look her in the eye, "Why didn't you tell me earlier?"

She shrugged, not having an answer for him.

Keefe rested his forehead on hers, closing his eyes "I'll always be right here, love. No matter what happens, I promise I'll never ever leave you again."

A/N I know it's not much, but I figured you all deserved something. I wrote this back in December for another project I eventually abandoned. I'll be completely honest, I've had some massive writers block for this book. That on top of, the fact that I haven't been able to get on Wattpad on my computer for MONTHS, and I've started a book that I really really hope to publish eventually. Chances are it will be a while before I update again, if I ever do. However, I cannot express how grateful I am for each and every one of you and how much this book has grown in the past year and a half (25k+ reads WHAT!?) and all of your comments make my day. I love you guys so so SO much and it's been an honor to write for you. 

Your friend,

Raelin Sun