10: Look At Me

|Time skip to Legacy because I want to write I'm not sure what else to write, but this|

(Keefe)

I was sitting on my bed, drawing that scene in the mentor's cafeteria, I had gotten out of my sling a while ago, and almost needed another one after the troll baby fight. The door swings open, I'm hit with a wave of despair, and Foster walks in with her face tear-stained. I hop up from my bed and rush to her side as fast as I can pulling her against me. I slowly lead her over to the bed, sitting down, her body pressed against me.

"What happened Soph?"

She can barely look at me as she whispers "I'm Unmatchable" with this a tear streaks down her cheek, she tells me the whole story, every little detail from earlier today, when she reaches the end, she breaks into sobs, burying her face into my shoulder, soaking my tunic with her tears. I hold her against me, running slow circles on her back, kissing her head, whispering comforts. I'm not sure how long we stay like that, but after a while Fosters, sobs slowly turn into sniffles.

"Foster, Sophie, Darling, look at me." I tilt her head up so that I can see her face. "I love you, and nothing, I mean nothing is going to change that. Not even this. You know I don't care about matchmaking, I care about you."

She nods, resting her head against my chest.

"Do you want some Mallowmelt?" I ask. "I'm sure we still have some left." Sophie nods again, and I get up taking the drawing with me.

"What's that?" She whispers, barely audible.

"A surprise," I answer.

We share the plate of Mallowmelt, and I even brought a few custard bursts the I found, and she's happier by the end of it all.

"There's something I want to show you," I tell her.

"Which would be..."

"You'll see," I say with a wink. Before she can respond, I pick her up bridal style and carry her out of the room.

"Keefe! What are you doing?" She giggles, and wraps her arms around my neck to steady herself.

"Making you feel better!"

She laughs- a beautiful sound- and kisses my cheek. I carry her over to a beach, just a little ways away from the Shores of Solace, and set her down in the sand, I sit next to her, gazing at the sky. We arrived just in time for the sunset, and it's one of the most colorful ones I've seen here.

"Wow," Sophie breathed "It's beautiful."

"Just like you."

A/N That went from depressed to sweet to cheesy real fast, but eh, who cares. they're SO CUTEEEE! And it's finally the last week of school! This also means finals week... but my orchestra concert is tomorrow! Which means I should probably be practicing... ~ Rae

Chapter Questions

What's your favorite part of the holidays?