Really?

A/N Thanks for 3k guys! You all are amazing! ~Rae

NDY

(Sophie)

Why oh why was I like this?

I banged my head against my pillow for the 24,458th time.

Now was NOT the time for stupid feelings like this.

I'm too busy. Fighting the Neverseen, going to Foxfire, doing things for Team Valiant. 

And yet my heart still flutters whenever I see him.

A month ago, I thought of Keefe as nothing more than a friend. Then Mr. Forkle put us on a mission together, and per usual, I got hurt. And Keefe was so gentle with me. The smile he gave me as he carried me to the healing center played through my mind over and over. 

Why am I like this?

After a few days of debating, I've decided to suck it up, go to the Shores of Solace, and tell Keefe how I feel.

Get over with all the embarrassing stuff, he obviously doesn't like me back.

But what if he does? A tiny voice in my mind asks.

I shook the thought out of my head. That's ridiculous. So when I arrived at the Shores of Solace, I was prepared for the worst.

I knocked on the door to Keefe's room, and to my surprise, Keefe answered the door instead of Ro.

To make matters worse, he was shirtless

I turned bright red when I saw him and I could feel my heart going 200 beats per minute.

"Uh, come on in Foster, I wasn't expecting you," He mumbled, scratching the back of his neck.

I sit down on his bed as he fumbles around, pulling on a tunic. A moment later, he sits down next to me. 

"You ok?" He asks, his head tilted in concern, "Your emotions are all jumbled,"

I fix my eyes on the floor, "I-I think, I think I might love you," the last part comes out a whisper, "I know you don't like me back, or anything like that, I just needed to-" He cuts me off, taking my hand in his.

Keefe tilted my chin up with his other hand, forcing me to meet his eyes,  "After everything we've been through you still don't think that I love you?" 

"I- What?"

 "I love you, Soph. I always have. I can't believe you didn't see it before,"

"Really?"

"Really." 

I look down at my hands, blushing and trying to think of something. We sit in awkward silence for a few minutes when I notice Keefe is watching me.

"What?"

He smiles softly and reaches to tuck a strand of hair behind my ear, letting his hand rest on my jawline, "Has anyone ever told you that you're beautiful?"

A/N Sorry I've kinda disappeared! We went on a spring break trip and I couldn't bring my Chromebook! But I'm back now! 

Question: would you guys like a oneshot that takes place in the Sky Fall universe (Shannon Messangers other books which you definitely should read!) I might do one when I finish the last book.

What about one that takes place in the Selection universe (From Keira Casses The Selection series!)

Should I do more Human AUs? Let me know!

And don't forget to check out my other account An_Ace_Author ~Rae