the ninth text

9:33 am

good morning-

sunshine?

-sunshine. i'm typing slowing. i'm pretty tired.

tell me about it. the homecoming dance ran longer than expected. it ended at one in the morning.

uhhh, fun?

hardly.

ahhhhh, i have to read aloud to the class. i can't help that the teacher loves my voice. brb.

she rolled her eyes and then silently cursed. the entire class had moved on to the next math equation and she hadn't even started.

12:07 pm

hey, genevieve.

i hope you know that i can't call you 'anon' forever.

sure you can!

;/

okokok fine. uh, call me lennon.

like john lennon?

or you can call me, uh-

genevieve waited patiently for five entire minutes, staring at the small bubble that indicated that anon was typing. she was sitting alone for lunch today. what anon had said about true friends had stuck with her. whenever lacey would make a rude remark, or when kimberly would scoff at the 'unpopular's', genevieve felt more uncomfortable than usual. what anon had said, that genevieve was 'the good one," -genevieve had second thoughts about her so-called friends.

-jude.

jude? is that your name?

no. and actually, just call me lennon.

genevieve was confused.

what's wrong with jude? it's a nice name.

never mind. it's not important.

are you-

yeah. lennon, like john lennon.

ok? uh, why 'lennon'?

you could say that i'm tied with the beatles somehow ;)

cryptic much?

that's the first clue to who i am, genevieve.

it's gennie.

genevieve threw away her apple core and walked into the school office. she walked up to the secretary's desk.

"may i ask a favour?"

she waited patiently as the secretary typed away at the computer.

"sorry, genevieve dear, but there isn't anyone by the name of jude at this school."

"anyone by the name of lennon? or even a surname?"

the clicking sound of the keyboard filled her ears.

the old secretary shook her head. she gave genevieve a confused smile, "no, dear. i'm sorry."

her heart sank. she opened her mouth, then closed it.

the secretary gave her another soft smile, "looking for someone in particular?"

"yeah."

"perhaps i've seen him. any stand-out features? is he tall?"

genevieve pushed a stray hair behind her ear and shook her head, "i haven't got a clue."

a u t h o r ' s  n o t e :

huh.

bigbigbig thank you for getting this story on the whats hot list c: