the eighteenth text

"genevieve," his voice called out. 

"genevieve, i need you," he called out, once more.

she couldn't see a thing; pitch black, dark room. she could hear his voice. he was close. they were in the same room, yet it was so damn dark, she could not even decipher where the walls met. 

"lennon? it's genevieve," she said, softly.

"it's me," she said, raising her voice. 

there was a sensation of nervousness and excitement flowing through her. 

she heard the panting of heavy breaths. 

"i can't do this anymore." 

those were the last four words she heard before the breathing came to an abrupt stop. 

genevieve froze. 

and then she awoke. 

she was feeling so much at once. relief -that it had all been a terrible dream. worry that the possibility of her dream becoming a reality was high. alongside another twenty emotions she could not identify. 

she turned on her phone, quite sure that she would not be able to sleep after awaking from that nightmare and scrolled through her contact list. hundreds of contacts were school peers alone, who texted her occasionally with suggestions to improve and better the school body -but very few were people that she had texted on a regular basis. she cringed when she had come to the moment of realization that she had only texted her mother, father and her brother, ryder.

and him. she used to text him daily. she felt a unsettling pang of  s o m e t h i n g   in her  stomach.

she needed someone. she needed to help lennon, though she also needed to help herself. she needed to talk, and someone to listen. scrolling down the list, alphabetically, she paused at the letter 'x'. she hadn't talked to him in ages. she hoped that he still had her as a contact, hell, she hoped that he hadn't changed his phone number. 

3:56 am

hey xavier. 

a u t h o r ' s  n o t e :

xavier. 

my summer course ends tomorrow, i'm so happy i can't even aslkfasldjaskflasd

ty for all the votes and comments ❥

((choose a colour: red or blue)) > i'm trying to decide whether i should get the blue or the red shell/case for my new laptop~

comment and vote maybe?

ily, simran