chapter 4

MILES POV

I began to panic. If she's dead it's my fault...

Hopelessly I swung down the building when I saw Y/N screaming and about ten feet(~3m) away from heavily crashing to the ground. From the moment I spotted her everything happened in slow motion.

Y/N POV 3 minutes earlier

No, I'm not suicidal, maybe stupid but I was 86% sure that this cliché scenario was going to happen. I jump off and Spider-Man catches me, we gracefully land in a crowd of people cheering and clapping their hands, News-people surrounding us and asking me all kinds of questions, you know the deal.

I hesitated but also knew I didn't have that much to live for. Then memories of me and my family came across my mind making me re-think my decisions. Taking a step back I breathed in very deeply.

Aghh fuck it.

I made up my mind and didn't want to jump anymore. That would have been crazy right? Walking around not really paying attention to where I was going I detected a certain spider. An idea popped out of nowhere and I liked it.

I walked towards the edge of the skyscraper and pretended to fall just wanting to scare Spider-Man a little but failed at the,, pretend'' part miserably. I lost my balance and dropped off the edge. At first, I didn't even realize until my heart started beating out of my chest.

Adrenaline flowed through my veins drastically like electricity through a cord. Screaming in an extreme panic I saw the ground coming closer. I was good 50 feet (~15m) away from the floor and started praying. God gave me a car he can rescue me too right?

People took out their phones and started recording me. A crowd of people started to gather around the skyscraper and an ambulance arrived.

As I was about to hit the ground I quickly closed my eyes and waited for the worst to happen.

But all of a sudden I felt a strong pull once again against gravity and in the next second I saw myself being carried by Brooklyn's hero.

Totally didn't predict that.

But instead of landing in the crowd he dropped me on another building, not as high as the skyscraper, and fell to the ground.

,, Lady are you crazy?'' He yelled.

,, Excuse you? If you would have just let me, as I told you too, non of this would have happened'' I responded.

,, So you're blaming me for saving you?!''

,, As I said, I DIDNT'T NEED YOU'RE HELP!''

,, REALLY? Didn't seem like that when you were screaming for help, almost crashing to the floor''

,, I wouldn't have ended up there without you'' I said crossing my arms.

-Silence-

MILES POV

Alright, I must admit she had a point there. But pleaseee why would she jump knowing it wouldn't end well?

,, That's what I thought'' she says knowing damn well I was defeated.

,, Listen Spider-Man I thought you were cool but today changed that. I don't want you in my sight ever again unless it's an emergency, have a good life'' Y/N spoke.

I wanted to say something but I couldn't, something just stopped me from doing it. News-people ran into the alley ready to ask as many questions as they could. I just turned invisible not wanting to face any of it.

Since they couldn't see me, they bombed Y/N with tons of questions but she didn't respond to any of them.

,, Why did you jump off that building???''

,, How did you get up there??''

,, Where did Spider-Man go?''

She ignored everything, took her backpack, moved her way out of the crowd, and then disappeared in the night. I truly felt sorry for her.

Y/N POV

My body filled up with anger as I made my way home. I didn't want to see the school today or anyone else than my family.

I checked my phone and my face was on ENTIRE social media. Welp, at least I looked good in the pictures. Going to school tomorrow will be so embarrassing and everyone is going to talk about what happened. And my parents... well they're going to murder me.

I stood at the doorstep wanting to open the door. I wasn't prepared for what was going to go down if I entered. After a while I just let it be, my parents probably didn't even notice. Maybe they were still at work.

It was so late and I didn't know what to do.

MILES POV

Tonight I decided to go back home. I really didn't feel like going back to school and besides, I needed my mother to comfort me like she always did when I felt like shit.

790 Words

A/N: OKEY. This is it FOR NOW. Don't worry I will continue after seeing some feedback just to know I'm just writing this for me. I will update you as soon as possible.

stay safe <3