chapter 5

NO ONES POV

Y/N has been sitting at the doorstep for about 12 minutes, switching between staring at her phone and looking up to the dark sky. She buried her head in her hands and let out a deep sigh. The girl stayed like that until she heard a woman say:,, Oh my god, are you okay?''

Y/N looked up and saw a lady with dark wavy hair and soft brown skin. ,, Yeah I'm good, just tired'' Y/N responded.

,, I've seen you all over the news and wanted to make sure that you're alright'' She said while hugging you.

You were a little freaked out because you didn't know who the hell this woman was but didn't mind it that much. You just smiled awkwardly.

,, Do you want to come over? I've tried to talk to your parents but they aren't home so I thought maybe you'd like to come'' You hesitated a little due to the fact that she was an unknown person. But then you realized that you too were a stranger to her.

She didn't even know you but still offered to help. That thought made you smile a bit because it reminded you that there were some good people in this fucked up world.

Surprisingly the woman's house was just a few doors away from your's and it was huge so you figured she must have a family. You were a little anxious and hoped, if she had children, they wouldn't be your age or worse, go to your school.

,, I have a son your age, you two will get along great'' the Woman said proudly.

Oh no..,

Y/N POV

That's when it hit me. I recognized her from somewhere but I haven't been able to match her face yet. I tried to focus so hard and remember where I knew that face from when I realized... it was Miles' mother. This morning I saw a picture of him with his parents on his desk and the woman in that picture was next to me...

My body started to heat up as we entered the house.

,, Make yourself comfortable where ever you want, I'm going to take a shower'' Miles' mother informed me and left the living room, where I was now standing.

I walked up and down, eating my fingernails for the next 8 minutes. Why was I nervous? The last meeting with him wasn't a good memory yeah, but that doesn't mean I have to be nervous because he lives here?

He's probably in his dorm at school anyway, so why would I worry about-

I heard keys opening the lock of the outside door and began to panic. There's no way it could be Miles right?

I rushed to the couch quickly jumped on it and then took out my phone, so that it seemed like I was using it the entire time. You know to seem cool 😎.

The door opened and it was Miles' dad? He was surprised to see me but he knew who I was, not only because of the news but also because he knew my brother.

,, Hello there young lady'' The man said.

,, Good evening Mr....'' I stopped. How could I forget that I didn't know his name?

,, Morales. But just call me Jeff'' He responded. , Have you seen Rio, my wife?''

,, She went to take a shower like about 10 minutes ago'' I answered.

After hearing my words he smirked looking to the ground,, Perfect'' he mumbled thinking I didn't hear him and went to the bathroom.

My eyes widened and I looked after him in disbelief. Did I just acknowledge something I shouldn't have acknowledged...

After a weird-ass minute, the door cracked and opened. At this point, my heart just said au revoir and jumped out of my breast. I understand it had enough for today. My instincts told me to hide behind the counter in the kitchen so that's what I did.