chapter 7

Y/N POV

I came out of the shower, my body covered in a towel. In the corner of my eye, I saw my uniform on the desk. It was a white shirt with a short coat, a skirt that didn't even cover my knees and even though tights came with it I felt heavily uncomfortable.

There is absolutely no fucking way on this earth that I'm going to were that.

So I decided to just were an oversized T-shirt and some big ass sweat-pants. Packing my books into my backpack, I looked out the window and the view was precious. I just witnessed the sunrise and it was so colorful.

The moving city somehow cooled down all the stress that had built itself up over the last 24 hours. I stayed at the window for a good couple of minutes when my phone started to ring.

I checked and it was my mom. Goodness, gracious.

,, Hey mama''

,, Y/N! I'm so happy that you're okay, I was so worried about you''

,, I know mama'' I could hear her sob and it tore my heart into million pieces.

,, Look, I'm going to call you later I have to get to class''

,, Alright sweety, j-just make sure to really call me okay??''

,, Yeah I will. I love you''

,, I love you too honey. Take care'' she spoke and hung up.

For a long time, I haven't heard my mom cry. She was a strong woman and handled every situation with a cool mind but when it came to her children... she couldn't control herself. Mom already lost a child, she mustn't lose another one.

I took a deep breath and made my way to class.

MILES POV

I made myself ready to meet up with Gwen for this stupid presentation. We were going to meet in a cafe but I somehow convinced her to work on the roof of the school.

,, Adiós, mamá''

,, Bye Miles, be careful'' she said placing kisses all over my face.

,, Okay mom that's enough-'' I tried to get out her clutch but her hands just held my face and squished my cheeks.

Somehow I managed to escape her and ran into an alley changing into my suit and swinging off to school.

,, Oh look who finally decided to join us'' Gwen said annoyed.

,, I'm sorry I-''

,, You're always late, I stopped caring like when? Two weeks ago?'' she said laughing.

I just shook my head with a smile but I kinda felt sorry for her.

,, I promise next time I'll be early''

The girl took out her phone and showed me a picture.