chapter 11

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

I went to the school's exit as I noticed a small crowd of pupils forming at the door. Looking around to find out what was going on I spotted Nessa's boyfriend, Liem. As we locked eyes I began to tense up, in fear he'd know what I have done to Nessa. The boy approached me and as he did I froze. ,, Hey what's good'' he asked.

,, I'm good'' I responded while slowly nodding my head. ,, What's going on here?

,, I don't know, it seems like they're talking about why the principal decided to change the rule for the uniforms all of a sudden'' After Liem had said that my body relaxed partly.

,, Oh and have you seen Nessa somewhere? I have been looking for her but without success''

I shook my head no, not wanting to face the questions he might ask. After a couple of awkward seconds and a weird tension between me and Liem, he finally broke the ice. ,, Um would you like to hang out some time you seem cool''

I was about to answer when a familiar voice yelling my name rang in my ears. It was Miles and he looked angry. As he came closer, Liem backed off and faced the ground in response I narrowed my eyes at him confused.

,, I have been waiting for you where were you?'' Miles asked but I remained silent. He then turned to Liem and stared him into the soul.

,, Why the hell are you even asking her out don't you have a girlfriend?''

,, I do but can't I have female friends bro? Why would you even care?'' Liem replied.

Miles stayed quiet and I absorbed the situation silent but confused.

,, Are we going or not?'' was my question.

,, Yeah, follow me'' he responded and went ahead, my eyes followed the boy until he disappeared into the crowd.

,, I got to go'' I told Liem. He tried to hold me back muttered some words but as he noticed I hadn't understood anything he had said he let go of me and went to the dorms. I sighed and went after Miles.

Liem seemed like a nice guy but I didn't want to become friends with a boy who had a girlfriend. Besides how do I know that his attempt of becoming my friend wasn't some sort of plan with Nessa to set me up? No thank you I don't need that.

Miles brought me to the same café I had been to with my family.

We moved to a table next to the window since we both agreed working with natural light would be much better. I took a seat backing the window and Miles sat opposite of me. Putting a stack of my books on the table I got a few notifications from my phone, I checked to see that they were from Gwen.

gwen :)

did I do something wrong?

are you mad at me?