chapter 19

''What happened?''

Gwen asked while being dragged by her shirt through the entire hallway. People gave you weird looks left and right, yet you managed to ignore them all.

Your feet halt in front of your next class and you glance at Gwen who was holding a worried expression.''Y/n? Is every-''''I think I've been drugged''

Gwen's eyes widen, her arms moving around your shoulders as she starts shaking them. She had no idea as to why you were acting the way you were but it couldn't have been because of substances, right? Your eyes wander to the different faces of the students walking by until they land on Gwen's, held by her astonishing ocean eyes.

''What are you saying?''

A sigh escapes your lips as your hands travel to your cheeks, kneading them as a way of calming down. What would you tell her, and more importantly, how could you do it without making her think you're crazy?

''I don't know, weird things keep happening''

''Like what?'' Her eyebrows knitted together, she was trying to understand the situation but unfortunately, your guys' conversation was cut short by the bell and you groan in response.

''Can I tell you later?''

The girl nods and grabs your hand.'' Everything's going to be fine''

Your lips twitch into a smile and you watch her leave for her next class. That was...nice.Besides the awkward times, Liem shared the same classes as you, and the day went by quite well. Surprisingly you haven't seen or heard much of Miles today which helped your brain relax a tad bit. Now it was time for your last class, PE.

To be honest, it isn't that bad, however, it's a love-and-hate relationship as there are good and bad days. When you feel like you didn't give your best in PE you start despising the class for a while until it is fun again. 

At the school's gym, you were standing in front of a basket wearing (f/c) shorts and a black compression shirt, dribbling a ball.

The back of your hand covers my mouth when you let out a yawn.

''Tired are we? I wonder why...'' A familiar voice rang in your ears as you perk the pair to listen to what they had to say, their steps approaching.

''I probably didn't leave your mind last night, did I?''

You could hear the wide grin on his face from how his voice sounded, making you roll your eyes. When you tried turning around to give him an answer, you were stopped by his chest being pressed against your back.

Miles stole the ball mid-air and continued dribbling it next to the two of you, his other hand snaking around your waist. 

You tried your best to suppress a sudden shriek when you felt his hand on you and almost immediately jolt away.

''You can't just do that bitch'' you spat at the boy, slowly moving away from him. 

The sound of the ball landing on the wooden ground and bouncing back up echoed through the entire gym as he stared down at you, his expression switching from mischievous to frowning. No other student or teacher was present since class would start in about 7 minutes.

''Why not?''

He asks, facing the basket and getting in position to throw the ball but when he did you jumped, your arm extending to block his attempt. Miles raised an eyebrow at that and scoffed.

As you were now holding the ball, your eyes fixed on his outfit. He too was wearing a black compression shirt and grey sweatpants while standing with crossed arms. You could see him flexing his muscles through the thin material and heat rises to your face.

When the curly head noticed you staring he slightly bent down, tilting his head with a smirk. ''Why not?'' He questioned again in a whisper and you can feel his minty breath on your face.

Miles takes the ball away from you, dropping it to get closer to your face and you feel your body freeze as you stand there like the biggest npc. ''C'mon Miles, don't do this to me'' you thought as your breath got caught in my throat.

Your eyes dart to the entrance as students started swarming in, but Miles' honey-brown orbs never left you as he starts realizing how pretty you were. You turn your gaze back to him, before running in the direction of the teacher. Laugher irrupted by him as he watches you run off like a scared bunny.

''Not as confident as you once were. What changed (Y/N)?'' he thought with a goofy smile.

(time skip)

After the heated dodgeball game, your class just had, you tiredly throw your backpack over your shoulder when you finished changing, walking to the dorm section of the building. On your way there, however, you witnessed Miles towering over Liem with fury. You frown and narrow your eyes to make sure you were seeing it right.

When you realized it was them, you cursed to yourself, seeing as you had to move next to the boys to get to your dorm. Hurridly you step closer, planning to walk straight past them without any further commotion, and ignore their gazes by staring at the ground.

''Hey (Y/N), guess what this creep did''

Well, that went to shit. You close your eyes with a deep breath and turn around, standing a few feet away from them.

''What's wrong?''

You look up at both their faces noticing how red Liem's face was and raise a brow.

''Check your backpack'' Miles answers and pinches the blond boy against the wall.

You roll your eyes and set the bag on the floor, rummaging through it.

''Nothing''

''Are you sure about that?''

God, why is he so annoying?

You check again, your fingers opening every little side pocket until they touch something unfamiliar. Your eyebrows furrow and you take the object out of the bag. As your eyes scan over it they suddenly widen.

''I-Is this a...''

''Camera?'' Miles finishes your sentence, laughing bitterly.

A/N: After watching the blessing of a movie Spider-Man Across the Spider-Verse (and school being over) I thought I could give you a small update on the story. Unfortunately, the plot of this book will be mostly fictional and have nothing to do with the actual Marvel movies but maybe my next book will :)

(if I ever finish this one lol)