「 seventeen 」

warnings: mentions of attempted s**c*de  and mentions of traumaRead at your own risk!

Read at your own risk!

Silence fills along the fifth floor in a cool morning; the fresh aroma of brewed coffee linger around the living room, the faint smell of Taeyong's famous febreze fading into the strong scent of coffee beans brews, which can make the fifth floor members awake in an instant.

Doyoung was one of the few people who woke up quite earlier than usual, no schedules to be done today as the boys were given a day off, which they all deserved after filming their analog trip and practicing non-stop. The kim sips onto his newly made espresso, checking on his phone to check a specific message that he was badly waiting, frowning to realize that maybe he won't get any.

And it wasn't an understatement he's bothered and worried, been manifesting for the younger suh to finally reply for a couple of weeks but he heard from her since then. Doyoung finds Jena's silence odd, aware that they were cool and happy before she started ghosting him. Though the Kim guessed that maybe she needed some alone time or was exhausted on her own schedules, he couldn't deny that the extreme level of ghosting his girlfriend is giving to him is dismaying, he knows that Jena wouldn't get to that level but finds himself terrified that she did.

He went into his inbox and had an internal debate to message her once more, having second thoughts to disturb her, wanting to know what was going on with her but never had the courage to ask. Doyoung can get sources on twitter anyway since usually it's mostly criticism and hate that the suh deals in distress, but he stop himself on going into the bird app due to the toxicity of stans in there, making a promise to himself to avoid any negativity after being fatigued on filming for a week straight.

But it was tempting to sit all day and wait for nothing, Doyoung couldn't help but to be agitated at the mere thought of his girlfriend. He had a bad feeling about her silence and it was making him anxious about her right now.

Doyoung's worries came at halt when his ears caught a creaking sound of the door opening, tilting his head slightly and notice the older suh exiting his room. The kim murmurs a good morning to the older and gives him a curious look, wondering why the male woke up later than Johnny initially planned. "I thought you're going to wake up at seven?" he asks, recalling how the male mentioned it while they were going home days ago.

"I was but I had to accompany a call from Jena last night," Johnny replies with his voice hoarse, rubbing his eyes whilst he sat beside Doyoung with his body aching, stretching and extending his arms and muscles to release the stressing tension inside of him. "I just feel bad for her." he frowns with a uttural voice, recalling his talk to the younger earlier.

From the words the Kim heard, it made his curiosity and worry spark at the highest level, eyes slowly turning glossy on the mention of his girlfriend. "Why, what happened?" he immediately asks, voice wobbly whilst he sniffs, almost getting himself to cry on the overwhelming worry crashing to his veins, licking his lips in anticipation of Johnny's answer.