Chapter 8: The Engagement

THANKS FOR WAITING FOR THE UPDATE, HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS CHAPTER

    The Kang mansion was decorated for the D-Day. Every high ranked business man, High ranked royalties and some known k-pop idols and kdrama actors were present. Many high officials from the government and military were also present for the day.

   Reporters and media were also outside the venue to take a quick glimpse of the couple. Every one was waiting for there arrival.

Mr Bae was looking at the watch time to time.
"It's time where are they!" He said to himself
A hand patted his shoulder to calm him down
"Calm down honey, they will arrive soon. Don't worry about them, they already texted me they are on there way!" Mrs Bae said

"Hope everything goes well today!"
He smiled as they locked there loving gaze. But it was soon interrupted by a familiar voice.

"Ehem! "
They both look towards the owner of the voice and smiled seeing the beautiful girl with the precious gummy smile.

"Honey! When did You landed! We thought you won't come!" Mrs Bae said as she approaches to hug the girl

"How can miss my sister's engagement mam! I missed you!" The girl said smiling a little.

"Ok and no one missed me! I get it!" Mr Bae said dramatically
"It's not like that sir" she said and hugged Mr Bae too

Mr Bae secretary came and whispered something to his ears, Mr Bae nodded as he excused himself from them and left with his secretary.

When mrs bae was alone with the girl she called her name to grab her attention once again.

"Jennie!"
She hums
"Are you ok my dear!"
Jennie nodded her head giving her a smile back.
"Am sorry for not discussing anything with you, the event happened in a rush that we didn't have the time to think about it--"

Her mother was rambling so she cut her off
"It's ok. And am always with unnie if she is happy! Then am happy! If you'll excuse me I'll meet the others"
By saying this she left and disappeared in the crowd. Mrs bae could only sigh.

----------

    The black Porsche Cayenne stopped in front of the venue when two ladies came out of it. Reporters and media gasped at the visual in front of them.

They stood in front of them to pose. They can hear them shouting there names,
"President Kim!!
Miss Bae!!
Look this way president!!
Here!! Look here!!"

Irene & Jisoo stepped out in front of the cameras, they could only see flashes but they know how to shine bright when they posed together.

After few minutes they were rushed inside the venue by yeri without noticing by any guests

"Uff!That's a lot of work! Now you both are needed to be on stage, it's all up to you two now. All the best unnies!" Yeri said giving a thumbs up to them and pushing them behind the main stage.

The MC on stage was delivering his speech while both couples were waiting. Irene looked at jisoo who was looking nervous.

"Nervous!" She asked jisoo
Jisoo shook her head as a no furiously.
"N-No not at all! W-Whose nervous! Am not!"
"But I am!" Irene said with a small smile on her face. She reached for jisoo's hands which were sweaty and intertwined it.