3| Win

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Win

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 3: Win (Vanessa's POV)

Everybody was busy chatting as we got back to our office room. I settled at my desk, checked my notes from the meeting, and got to work. 

"Oh, my God. You're working," Jade said, staring at me. "Are you serious? We just got done with our monthly projects, take a break, Ness," she sighed. 

"If I take a break right now, I'll be spending my weekend doing research on these projects," I replied, turning to her. "I'd rather keep my weekends free." 

She rolled her eyes, sitting beside me. "Whatever. You're coming with us to tonight's dinner, aren't you? It's tradition, you know." 

"I know, I'll be there," I mumbled. Work ends at six every evening and these dinners usually start at eight. After every month, when all our projects have been completed, our team goes out to dinner together. "Where are we meeting tonight?" I asked, kicking my heels off under the table. 

"Mirrors," she answered. 

Ah, Mirrors. Mirrors is a moderately expensive but classy restaurant. They have indoor and rooftop dining and as the name suggests, the interior is made of mirrors. Some normal, some black, some gold, whatever you can think of but in mirror. 

"All right." I huffed, glancing at my heel that refused to come off. The strap was stuck. I reached out, pulled the strap off, and then shook my foot to get it off. I watched from under the table as it hit Aaron's shin and then landed by his foot. 

He continued his conversation with Thomas and merely glanced at me. 

I bit my bottom lip, cursing in my head. I tried reaching it with my foot but he pulled it under his chair and away from me. 

He nodded once at Thomas and then turned his attention to me, lifting a brow. "Yes?" 

"You know, contrary to what you probably think, I'm not always interested in throwing heels at you." I rolled my eyes and pushed my chair away, crawling under the table to grab it. I almost had it when he reared his chair back and stood up, crouching underneath the table and coming face to face with my, my heel in his hand. 

"No? Are you sure? Because it seems like it most if not all of the time," he said pointedly. 

I snatched my heel out of his hand. "No," I replied. 

I moved to get out from under the table but stopped when he mumbled, "Maybe I should finally report you to HR too. You're throwing shoes at me now." 

I huffed, "I didn't throw it at you, it was an accident. And what do you mean report me to HR too? I didn't even report you when you spilled hot coffee on me, Aaron." 

"No, but John did," he shrugged with a smirk and then crawled out, sitting in his seat. 

I quickly got out from under the table and sat in my seat. "What are you talking about?" I questioned him.