33| Real

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Real

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 33: Real (Vanessa's POV)

I came out of the bathroom, now changed into a fresh pair of pajamas. I washed my face, changed, brushed my teeth, and in the process, I sobered up completely. I didn't have too much alcohol, to begin with, it's all worn off by now. By the time I got out, Aaron was changed into a pair of grey sweatpants and a black v-neck. 

He was just pulling his shirt on when I came out and his back was to me. He spun around, facing me. "Hey," he exhaled. 

"Hey," I replied, letting my hair down. 

"Sobered up?" he asked. 

I nodded, "Pretty much completely." 

"Good. I was going to make coffee, do you want some?" 

"Coffee? Right now?" 

He nodded. "It's not that late yet. Only eleven-thirty. But if coffee keeps you up, I'll make you some tea." 

"I thought you hate tea." 

"It's a good thing I'm not drinking it," he smirked, using the same words I told him. "I'll just make it for you." 

I walked over to the patio doors, pushing the curtains open, blinking in surprise. "Oh, it's raining. Not that heavily but it's raining. Should we sit outside?" 

He turned on the kettle the room provided us with and then faced me. "Should we?" 

I lifted my brows at him. 

He nodded, "Let's go." 

I turned to face the door, biting down a smile. I unlocked the door and slid it open, stepping out and taking the chair on the left of the small table. 

He came out and sat on the other one, both of us sitting in silence and watching the rain as it got heavier. A few minutes later, he finally broke the silence by saying my name. "Vanessa." 

I turned to him. "Yeah?" 

"I need to tell you something. Davidson told me to pass on the message because he couldn't get us together to talk earlier. But he said that once we're back in New York the day after tomorrow, we can um," he cleared his throat. "We can stop with the act if we want to. We don't have to pretend to be together anymore." 

I blinked and looked away from him before he read the look on my face that would surely have my feelings out for display. "Oh," was all I managed to say. "Um, okay. Should we uh, should we stop then?" 

"How do we just stop?" he asked. 

"We could act a bit hostile like we used to. And then if someone asks, we can just say I broke up with you. Or you broke up with me, whatever fits best when—" 

"Vanessa, I wasn't talking about the strategy," he chuckled dryly. 

I turned to him, fidgeting with the hem of my t-shirt. "No?"