32| Fallen

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Fallen

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 32: Fallen (Aaron's POV)

Even after everybody had finished eating, most people stayed. The dance performance was done and the floor was now open for anybody to go dance. They also announced that for the next week, they'd be continuing the dance performances every night. But we only had two more nights here. The day after tomorrow, we'd be flying back to New York. 

"Aaron."

I looked up from my seat where Davidson stood with his drink in hand. I stood up when he beckoned me over, taking me to the side. 

"I wanted to speak to you," he said once we were alone. "Just to check in. See how things are going on the trip. Are you tolerating your father just fine?" 

"Just fine," I mumbled, nodding. "I've hardly spoken to him. Luckily."

"Have you spoken to your mother yet? Just you two?" 

"No, not yet. Everybody's kind of chatting up to her," I chuckled, glancing at her. "But I'll pull her aside in a minute, catch up a bit." 

He watched me quizzically for a moment and then commented, "You look chirpier. You must be happy to see your mother." 

"I am." 

"Of course. And how's Vanessa?" 

I blinked. "Vanessa?" 

"How are things between you two?" 

I paused, thinking of the right reply. "They're fine. I mean, we don't argue anymore. We're just sticking to the plan." 

"That's it?" 

"Yeah. What else is there to it?" 

He sighed after a moment. "Nothing. I wanted to tell you both together but it doesn't seem like Vanessa's friends aren't letting her go right now," he said. 

I glanced over at where Jade, Daisy, Lyla, and Vanessa were all talking. They were standing near the stage and clapping and swaying to the music, cheering on whoever stole the spotlight on that stage. "Yeah, she... She looks like she's having fun, actually," I mumbled. 

"Aaron." 

I looked away from her and back to Davidson. "Yes?" 

"I wanted to tell you both but I'm telling you now, I hope you'll pass on the message to her." 

"Sure. What is it?" 

"When we uh, go back to New York the day after tomorrow, we have the weekend and then Monday morning, everybody's back to work." 

I nodded. 

"I had to tell you that once we're back at work if you and Vanessa want, you're free to stop."