31| Alcohol

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Alcohol

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 31: Alcohol (Vanessa's POV)

"Vanessa." 

I huffed a breath but kept my eyes closed, determined to continue sleeping. Until suddenly there was a pillow thrown at my face. I groaned, forcing my eyes open. 

He was standing beside the bed, wearing his pajamas. 

"What? Did we miss dinner?" I sat up quickly, reaching for my phone and checking the time, nearly knocking off the water bottle but catching it just before it fell. 

"No. Dinner is in thirty minutes. Get dressed." 

I whined, lying back down. "I don't want to go." 

"Vanessa, we have to go." 

"Why?" I mumbled into my pillow. 

"My mom is here." 

My eyes snapped open and met his immediately. "And you're waking me up now? When there are only thirty minutes left?" I huffed and got out of bed, drinking some water to wake myself up. 

"I just woke up five minutes ago," he replied. 

I choked on the water, nearly spitting it out. 

"What?" he asked in confusion. 

"We slept at the same time?" 

"Yeah, so?" 

I glanced at the bed. "Where's the divider?" 

"We didn't make one. We were too tired, nobody crossed a line, don't worry. Just..." He went to my suitcase and opened it up, looking around and grabbing a dress, tossing it to me. "Get dressed, go." 

"Okay," I mumbled, putting the water away and grabbing my claw clip from the nightstand. "You change in the room, okay?" He nodded as I passed him, going into the bathroom and closing the door. I splashed some water on my face first and then changed out of my pajamas and into the orange satin slip dress. I grabbed some deodorant and put that on. 

I opened my makeup bag next and quickly put on some concealer with my fingers, some mascara, and a lip stain. I slapped a little life into my cheeks and put on a little bit of highlighter so my face glowed a bit. I didn't have time to do more because Aaron knocked on the door. 

"Fifteen minutes!" 

I huffed, zipping my makeup bag up and then unlocking the bathroom door. "Stop being a human timer," I told him before looking at my hair. It was a bit wavier and curlier from the ocean water and humidity in the air. I couldn't do a lot so I ran my fingers through it, making it a little damp in the process, and grabbed my claw clip, pulling my hair back into a bun, clasping it together with the clip. I took some water and flattened the top of my hair to tame the frizz and then took out the shorter strands that usually frame my face. I grabbed perfume and sprayed it everywhere. I was about to leave the bathroom but then came back and put on lipgloss.