28| Hidden

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Hidden

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 28: Hidden (Aaron's POV)

"Aaron, no," she huffed, sitting at the foot of the bed and staring at me. 

"Why?" I asked. "What's wrong with this?" I looked down at my clothes. 

"What's wrong is that you're going to the beach, not to a... I don't even know. This is too formal. And please, you have got to stop wearing black for the time you're in Hawaii. I mean, I'm all for black, but not here." 

I stared down at my clothes, then looked at her green dress. It stopped at her shin, had a slit in one leg, and had tiny white flowers printed all over it. 

"You know what, move. I'm going to pick your clothes." 

"No," I scoffed, still standing in front of my suitcase. 

"Yes," she said mockingly, slipping past me. She pushed my suitcase open and sighed, staring down at it. "Almost everything in here is black." 

"I like black, don't you?" 

I'm pretty sure it's her favorite color. Black and red.

She glanced at me. "Not in Hawaii. Ah, here." She grabbed a white sleeveless tank, a light blue, loose button-up, and a pair of black shorts, tossing everything to me all at once. "Go change." 

"Vanessa—" 

"Now. Or we'll be late again and today, it's going to be because of you. Oh, by the way, swim trunks and towels in the bag," she replied, pointing to where it sat on the bed as she slipped into the same sandals as yesterday. 

I grabbed the black swim trunks and took a towel from the bathroom, placing both items in her knitted back. After that, I changed. I came back out, throwing my clothes on top of my suitcase. 

I'll fix those later. 

"Are you happy yet? Can we go now?" 

She turned to look at me. She looked from my face all the way down to my feet and then back up slowly. She chuckled softly. "You look fine, don't worry. Almost younger." 

I pulled my shoes on. 

"And that is the first time I've seen you in shorts since the summer before your graduation," she pointed out. 

"Yeah well, I've hardly been to a beach since then. And when did you see me then?" 

"At that pool party at someone's house, I can't remember who it was. Are you ready?" 

I stood up, pocketing my wallet. "Yeah, let's go." 

We went from there to the lobby and luckily, met the crowd. That meant we were just on time. Once downstairs, we found out the cars we got yesterday weren't just rented out for yesterday, but the entire trip. So, we all took the same cars and followed the first and leading car which was Judith and Davidson's because they also asked for a hotel driver who could show us around so we don't get lost.