Chapter 6

Chapter 6

  The next morning, I bounded out of bed at 10 am, butterflies jumping in my stomach at the thought of Kieran still being here.  I tried to tone down my excitement as I dressed myself in light blue skinny jeans and a black v-neck.  I was still trying when I went into the bathroom and brushed my teeth and hair, braiding the red locks quickly.  Finally, I was for the most part calm when I made it to the kitchen.

  But nobody was around. 

  "Um, hello?"  I called, praying for an answer.  Still nothing.  "You can't just leave and not tell me!"

  I wandered listlessly around the house for a few more minutes, knowing no one would be around, but still hoping.  My excitement was diminished and my hopes of actually having a friend, lost.

  So when the door opened, revealing my mother, I jumped so high, I swear I could have touched the roof.  I covered my mouth to avoid letting out the screech of alarm threatening to let loose.

  "Oh, my, Naia!"  she said, a hand to her chest.  "You scared me."

  "I scared you?" I asked, voice raising.  "I nearly hit my head on the roof!"

  She chuckled.  "Your father used to scare this easilly as well."

  "Glad to know where I got it from,"  I mumbled sarcastically. "Anyways, where is everyone?"

  "I'm just back from dropping them off at the set.  It's real bustly over there right now!"

  I remembered with disappoint that that was why Kieran had stayed the night; so that it would be easier for the both him and Jamie to go to work.  I had just hoped they were leaving later...

  My mother somehow managed to catch the slight disappointment in my eye however.

  "Don't worry, they're only there for a few hours today.  Both of them are coming back today."  Her tone of voice implied she would have winked had it not been so inappropriate for a mom to do so.

  So I worked on busying myself until they came back.  I couldn't seem to concentrate on anything however, I just kept picturing Kieran's arms around me, and him telling me that he'd be my friend.  It was just so... Sweet, sweeter then anything anyone had ever said. 

  A real friend.

  But I couldn't help but doubt Kieran.  And I had to remember he had a girlfriend.  I'm sure she'd be so jealous if she knew how close (in the physical sense) we'd been lately.  I kind of felt bad.  I shouldn't keep Kieran away from the girl who had him first, this Jenna. 

  I shook my head.  We were just friends.  I wouldn't allow us to be any more, and I'm sure he didn't even want there to be more.  I was just plain old ordinary Naia, and he was famous. I'm sure this Jenna girl was famous too.  He wouldn't want me.  He wouldn't!

  All my thoughts were taken over by him.  I could hardly even concentrate on school or the like.  Why did he have to come into my life?

  Finally, I decided to sit down and watch t.v.  A show called Harmony's Last Chance came on, a drama show about a young teen who was trying to become a singer, but everyone was against her.

  It was at a part where she (Harmony) was sitting in a coffee shop, waiting on someone it seemed.

  And then he entered the shop.  Kieran himself.  Just my luck... 

  He smiled at her, and she smiled back, an inviting smile.  Kieran walked casually over, hands in his pockets.

  "Waiting on someone, love?"  He said in an australian accent.  It made my heart beat faster.