Chapter 9

Chapter 9

  The first thing I noticed was Jamie’s jaw drop.  The second thing was the look on Jenna’s face; it had gone completely red, and she looked like her head was about to explode.  I didn’t blame her… 
  When I finally looked a Kieran, it looked as if he’d already composed and steeled himself for what was to come next.  He glanced at me reassuringly, and then turned his head to meet Jamie’s glare.
  The television continued to talk about Kieran’s new ‘girl’, his next sweetheart.  People were already on the story, trying to figure out just who I was.
  I moaned.  When they found out, they wouldn’t leave me alone for at least a week, or more.
  “I told you to stay away from my sister!” Jamie shouted, forcing me to turn my attention back to my brother and my… Kieran.
  Kieran narrowed his eyes, and crossed his arms.  “I don’t think you have a say in what I do or don’t do, Jamie.”
  “Well I should!” Jenna yelled, jumping into the conversation.  “How could you do this to me, Kieran?  You know how I feel about you.”
  This time it was my turn glare at Kieran.
   “You do?”  I said venomously.
  Kieran turned an apologetic look on me.  “Sort of.  I figured I wouldn’t need to mention that little detail just yet.”
  I huffed and decided that now would be a great time to exit the room.  I was beginning to feel very anxious, and not to mention a little jealous.  And sad.  They weren’t together, but Kieran knew how Jenna felt about him.  It confused me to no end.  And made me mad that he didn’t think to mention that little fact.  He had ample opportunity.
  I heard Jamie call for me to come back, anger lacing his voice.  It took a lot to get the Laughing Machine angry.  And I didn’t want to be around for it.
  I rounded the corner in our hallway and ran right into mom.  Who did not look very happy.
  “So, I was watching the news in my bedroom, and you’ll never guess what I saw.”  Mom crossed her arms and tapped a foot impatiently. 
  I groaned.  “I don’t want to talk about it right now.  I think I’ll learn my lesson well enough in the next day.”
  Luckily, my mom saw how distressed I was, and just took me into her arms and hugged me, stroking my hair.
  “I know, being a teenager can be hard sometimes,” she cooed.  “Just remember when you start having…  Well, you know…”
  “Mother, can we not have this conversation now?”  I moaned, pushing back from her hug and running the rest of the way to my room. 
  I threw myself onto my bed and put a pillow over my head, as per usual.
  Several minutes there was a quiet knock on the door.
  “Naia?” It was Kieran.  “Naia, I’m coming in.”
  I was too depressed to protest. 
  I heard the door open and then click shut again, and I couldn’t help but be surprised that my mother, and Jamie, and even Jenna, had let him come in without supervision.  Although I will admit, I felt trusted.
  I felt him sit on the side of the bed, and I flinched by accident when he placed his hand on my back.
  “That really was the worst way for everyone to find out,” he began.  I could practically hear him frowning.  “I should have known that someone would get a picture.  We were on a highway for God’s sake.  I really am sorry.”  When I didn’t say anything, he continued.  “I know, you’re mostly mad because of what Jenna said, right?  I’m sorry about that too.” He rubbed my back, and it felt quite nice, especially because I knew my anger was beginning to abate, much to my disgruntlement.  “I should have told you.  But like you said, we’ve only known each other for a few days, and it just didn’t seem like something that needed to be brought up quite yet.  I’ll tell you all about it if you want later though.”
  At that, I rolled over onto my back, and sat up, trying to give him a serious face.  I saw amusement in his eyes though, the slight dimples forming in his cheeks.
  “I talked things through with Jamie though.  He’s extremely uncomfortable with the whole situation, and pissed at me for kissing you, but he says he’s okay with it.”
  “It?” I asked, raising an eyebrow, not daring to hope.
  Kieran took my hand and raised it to his lips, kissing it gently. 
  “Our relationship.”
  “And… How would you describe that?”
  “Well, Naia, I’d like you to be my girlfriend.”
  My breath caught in my throat, and excitement nearly bubbled over, but I reigned it in quickly.
  I answered him with a kiss.  He cupped my face gently in his hands, and kissed me back, and soon I found myself pressed between him and the bed, his lips making an electric trail along my jaw and my neck and back to my lips again.  But, too soon, he pulled away, grinning.
  “I take that as a yes?”  I nodded enthusiastically.
  “But…  What are we going to do about Jenna?”  I couldn’t stop myself from asking that.
  “I guess we’ll have to cross that bridge when we get there.”
  Unfortunately we got to the bridge much, much sooner then Kieran had thought, because Jamie burst into the room, looked very frazzled.
  Luckily he just ignored the speed at which Kieran and I moved our bodies into a less…  Suggestive position.
  “I tried to stop her, but she told me, very rudely, to screw off.”
  “Jenna?”  Kieran asked, as I felt panic rise up.
  Jamie nodded.
  “Well?”  Kieran prodded.  “What did she do?”
  “She’s, um.. She’s going to the press, and telling them exactly who Naia is, and where she lives.”  Jamie said.
  I let go of the breath I was holding, and saw Kieran do the same.
  “That’s not too bad,” I said.  “They were going to find out eventually.”
  “That’s not the bad part,”  Jamie muttered, then raised his voice.  “She’s going to tell them that Kieran and her were in a secret relationship, and that he cheated on her with you.”
  My jaw dropped before I could stop it, as did Kieran’s.
  Well this was very bad indeed…

-----

Well I wrote this chapter quick, so you guys wouldnt have to wait too long, so let me know if you liked it or not :P

Comment and vote, of course <3