Chapter 11

Chapter 11

  He was standing alone near the bar, wearing a black suit vest, and black dress pants.  A girl with blue hair was chatting up a storm next to him, but he was ignoring her, just starting at me with an emotionless face.  I was the complete opposite; tons of emotions flooded through me when I saw him.
  “Uh, Naia?”  Kira asked, poking my arm to get my attention. 
  “Oh, sorry,” I said, shaking my head, and turning so I could no longer see Kieran.  Well that was going to make this party just soooo much better. 
  Apparently Kira didn’t notice that I had locked eyes with Kieran, because she didn’t say anything more about how distracted I had become.  In fact, she didn’t even seem to care that Kieran, a good looking teenage male actor, was at the party.
  “So, are you an actor, or something?” I asked her, praying she’d say no.
  “Or something.  I’m just a regular girl, like most everyone else.  I’ve been an extra in movies though.  That was fun!”
  “Oh, what movies?” I asked, but ended up tuning her out as she went on a chatting spree, telling me all the movies she was in, what they were about, who was in them, and what parts she appeared in.
  While she spoke, I looked around, not quite sure who I was hoping to see.  I kind of wanted to see Kieran again, but then again, I knew it wouldn’t help my emotional stability.  And then there was that Sam guy, who didn’t look like he was so bad.  He looked like he wanted to talk to me, too.  And of course, I looked for Jamie, who had probably disappeared into the VIP lounge.  We had agreed to meet back at his car at 10pm.  I very stealthily checked the time on my phone, and was shocked to see that 45 minutes had already gone by.  But I still had 1 and a half more hours of this party to endure.
  So I decided to get to know Kira more.  I asked her lots of questions about her life.  She was a farmer’s daughter, and was in L.A. living with her brother.  She was 17 years, old, like me, and, as I’d previously though, loved to be unique.  After awhile, we migrated to a table, and began to chat there.
  Kira loved art and photography. That was her thing.  She was trying to become a famous photographer, and a famous painter at the same time, and apparently she wasn’t doing half bad.  Many people already bought lots of her paintings, and paid her to take their wedding photo’s or their baby, and/or pregnancy pictures (those are what she did best, and enjoyed doing the most). 
  Before we knew it, an hour had gone by, and we were sitting there, laughing at something Kira had said.  I had forgotten how great it felt to laugh with a friend.  One who wasn’t a boy just trying to get with me. 
  Someone came up to the table, a tall, lanky boy, with shaggy golden hair and brown eyes.  He kissed Kira on the cheek, and glanced at me.
  “Oh, Charlie, this is Naia,” Kira said with a smile as she placed a hand on Charlie’s cheek.  “Naia, this is my boyfriend, Charlie.” 
  We shook hands, and Charlie sat down beside Kira, slinging an arm over her shoulder.  I felt a tinge of sadness at how happy they seemed together. 
  “How long have you guys been together?” I asked, trying to sound cheerful.
  “6 months next week,” Kira replied, grinning from ear to ear.  “And I’m sure Charlie has something super amazing planned, don’t you Boo?”
  “Why of course I do,” Charlie said, kissing her cheek again.  He shot me a slightly panicked look, letting me know he had nothing planned.  I just laughed, and Kira elbowed him in the ribs.
  “Do you have a boyfriend, Naia?”  Kira asked, completely unashamed of the question.
  I blushed and shook my head.
  “Seriously?  Oh my, we’re going to have to find you one.  That way you can come on double dates with me and this beast.”
  “Beast?”  Then I gulped.  “Double dates?”
  “Never been on one?”  Kira laughed.  “Well, we really need to find you a date then.”
  Charlie whispered something in Kira’s ear, making her sigh and slump her shoulders.
  “Ugh, fine,” she moaned.  “I’m sorry, Naia, but dorkhead here says we’re going to be late for our movie if we don’t go now.”
  “It was nice meeting you,” Charlie said with a smile.
  “Yes, it was wonderful!” Kira exclaimed.  The she grabbed my hand and wrote down her email and her number with a pen from her purse.  “Phone me, email  me, I don’t care, but you better get in touch!”  Then she waved and was gone, her and Charlie swallowed up by the crowd. 
  I put my elbows on the table and rested my chin in my hands, feeling slightly satisfied at making a new friend.  I felt like a got along quite well with her.  I suppose that meant I had to thank Jamie now. 
  Suddenly Kieran slid into the seat across from me that Kira had previously been sitting in.  I blinked in surprise, but I quickly got over that, and hardened my expression.
  “Go away,” I hissed, gathering up my stuff as quickly as possible.
  “No, just hear me out,” he said.  He looked slightly impatient.  And he had no right to be.
  “I don’t want to hear anything you have to say.  I’d prefer to never have to look at you again, but since you’re famous and all, that isn’t an option.”
  I stood up and began to walk away. 
  “Naia, just wait one damn second!” Kieran shouted after me.  I felt his hand wrap around my wrist, tighter then it ever had before.
  I struggled feebly against him, trying not to make a scene.  “Let me go, you jerk!”
  He pulled me away from all the crowds, and out the back door, startling the people making out in the back.  They gasped, and ran off giggling.
  “I said let go of me,” I said venomously, trying to place all my anger into my voice.
  “I can’t until you listen to what I have to say,” he replied, pleading me with his eyes.
  “I don’t want to play your games!”  I shouted.  “I trusted you, like I trusted no other, and you shattered it.  You chewed it up and spat it out.  I don’t wan to hear the lies you’re going to try and spin at me to get me to fall into your trap again.  Screw off.”
  I was never this rude to anyone, but Kieran had messed with my emotions so much, I hardly seemed like the same person.
  And then, Kieran was gone, hauled away from me by a person wearing black.  It took me a moment to realize it was the guy Kira had named as Sam. 
  Sam had grabbed Kieran by the back of his shirt, and was dragging him out to the street. 
  “Don’t you think that’s rude, picking on a lady?” I head him say.  “Just because you are famous, doesn’t make you high and mighty.”
  “I wasn’t!”  Kieran spat.  I could bet his face was going red.  He probably wasn’t used to being treated this way. 
  “That’s not what it looked like to me,” Sam said, letting Kieran go with a shove.
  “Kieran, don’t you dare,” I shouted as I saw Kieran puff up, getting ready to attempt to fight with Sam.  He glanced at me, surprised, but lowered his fists, and pushed past Sam. 
  “We will talk,” Kieran said softly as he walked past me and went back into the club.
  “Uh, thanks,” I said to Sam once Kieran was gone.  Sam walked towards me, rubbing the back of his neck. 
  “It was nothing,” he replied with a slight smile.  “I have muscles, I figure I should use them to protect pretty girls. 
  My face flushed at that and I had to turn away.  He laughed, loud and booming.  The complete opposite of Kieran’s laugh.
  “What did Kieran Blair want with you anyways?”  he asked.  “That sounded rude, I’m sorry.  I mean, how do you know each other?”
  “We don’t,” I muttered.  Sam didn’t press anymore, sensing that I didn’t want to talk about it.
  “I’m Sam Flinn by the way,” he said, changing the subject and extending his hand. 
  “Naia… Smith,” I replied, going to shake his hand.  Instead of shaking however, he took my hand and raised it to his lips, kissing it gently.
  “Nice to meet you, Naia Smith.  I wanted to introduce myself to you earlier, but Kira stole you away.  I saw you two talking.  A new friend?”
  I nodded.  “Yes, she seems very kind, very…  Unique.  She told me who you were, and said she was rescuing me from you, although I don’t know if I should be telling you that…”
  “Oh, I already know she doesn’t think very highly of me,” Sam laughed.  “I was her brother’s friend, and we used to like to… bug her.” 
  I figured it would be rude asking why he said 'was', so I smiled, picturing Kira and whoever her brother was pulling pranks on each other like Jamie and I. 
  “Yes, I know how that feels, I have a brother,” I said, sticking my tongue out.
  “Only child here!  I wish I had a sister to bug and protect though.”
  “You’re all for the damsels in distress aren’t you,” I teased, beginning to feel happy again.
  “Oh yes.  Chivalry is revived in me.  I am your knight in shining armor, my lady.”  He kissed my hand again.  But he kept hold of it this time, flipping it over and smiling at Kira’s contact information.  Then he grabbed a pen from his pocket, grabbed my other hand, and wrote his number down. 
  “Don’t be afraid to call me,” he murmured, kissing my hand a third time.  At that moment, one of Jamie’s bodyguards appeared at the doorway.
  “Miss Naia?” he asked.  My face went red.  Only the rich, famous, or people in danger had bodyguards, so I can’t imagine what Sam was thinking  Thankfully, he didn’t question it, just smiled conspiratorially.
  “Don’t forget to call, Naia.” he said.  “It was nice meeting you.”  And then he left, walking back into the club, leaving me with an impatient bodyguard.  I realized it must have been past the time Jamie and I were supposed to meet back up at, so I smiled apologetically at the bodyguard and followed him back to Jamie’s car.
  Completely unsure of who to call first.

 ------

I think this is the longest chapter yet, BE PROUD :)  Comment and vote!!

And who do you think she'll call first?  Will Sam be another boy in her life? Who is Kira's brother? :O

Also, for those complaining about my short chapters, just remember I upload every day ;)  And I'm really busy.  Plus I really enjoy cliffhangers.... Tehe <3

I updated where it said Sam 'is' her brothers friend, it should have said 'was'.