Chapter 12

Chapter 12

  When we arrived home it was pretty late, so I wrote the numbers written on my hand on a piece of paper, threw Pjs on, and hopped into bed.  Jamie had been quite proud when he saw not one, but two numbers.  I didn’t tell him that one of them was a boy’s.  My mind was still reeling from the party, and from seeing Kieran for the first time in about a week.  It would have been more painful to think about, had I not been excited about meeting Kira, and I suppose Sam.  Even though Kira had warned me about Sam, he seemed like a very decent guy.  There was a larger story behind those two, I knew it, but I wasn’t about to risk my newfound friendships to find out what it was quite yet.
  But I ended up falling asleep while wondering if I should have heard Kieran out…
  I woke up earlier then usual, which was odd because I had stayed up so late the night before.  I felt anxious, and I knew it was to do with the numbers I had been given.  Still undecided about who I would call, I jumped out of bed, dressed myself, used the bathroom, and then ran out to the kitchen to have breakfast.  Jamie had just woken up by the time I sat at the table with a bowl of cereal.
  “Good morning sleepy,” I said cheerfully, watching Jamie attempt to rub the sleep from his eyes.  Then suddenly, his face took on a very suspicious expression and he eyed me.
  “You’re unusually happy this morning,” he said.  I almost laughed as he glanced around the kitchen, searching for something.  “What did you do?  Is it the milk?  My cereal?”
  “I didn’t do anything,” I replied innocently.  “Why would I do anything to my favorite brother?”
  “The better question is, why wouldn’t you,” he muttered.  Then, instead of grabbing his cereal from the cupboard, he took out some toast, toasted it, and then put some jam and peanut butter on it.  I watched with amusement as he took a bite from it and his face immediately went red.  He started coughing.
  “Oh, God, what the hell did you put in this?”  He shouted, spluttering toast everywhere.
  “You shouldn’t say God and Hell in the same sentence,” I chastised.  When I could no longer hold in my laughter, I fell off the chair, clutching my sides. 
  “I put.. Chopped up… Chili peppers… In the jam,” I said while gasping for air.
  Unfortunately, I didn’t see Jamie walk up to me, and by the time I did notice, he had already smushed the toast into my hair, rubbing it in quite thoroughly.
  “Eww, Jamie, gross!”  I yelled, swatting at him.  He jumped back easily.  When I looked (or rather glared) at him again, he was standing by the doorway, grinning wide.
  “I’m glad to see your mostly back to normal, sis,” he said softly.  Then he turned around and before running out of the kitchen, shouted, “That means you’re cleaning up the mess!”
  I sighed, still sitting on the floor, but I couldn’t stop the smile forming at my lips.  This was going to be a good day.

  An hour later, me and the kitchen were all cleaned up, and I was sitting in my bedroom, looking at the piece of paper that held the two numbers.  It would have been great if Kira and Sam liked each other, because then I wouldn’t have to choose who to call.  I could just call them both, and we could all hang out or something. 
  I mulled it over for a few moments before bringing out my cell phone and dialling a number in.  After about three rings it picked up.
  “Hello?” the voice on the other end said.
  “Hi, Kira, it’s Naia.  We met last night.”
  “Naia!  I’m so glad you called.  Although, you know, you’re supposed to wait for more then 20 hours to call a number given to you.  Otherwise it makes you seem needy.”
  I was silent for a few seconds, feeling slightly embarrassed, but Kira began laughing on the other end.
  “I’m totally kidding, Naia,” she said.  “I’m actually quite glad you called now.  It’s Sunday so you can’t be busy, unless you go to church that is, but we should totally hang out today.  I have some people I want you to meet.  They would absolutely love you.”
  “Uh, yah no, I’m free,” I replied, taken aback.  I didn’t expect her to be so eager to hang out, or that she would introduce me to more people right away.
  “Phew, you’re not a church goer,” Kira, sighed on the other end.  “Sundays are the best days to spend with friends you know.”
  I laughed.  “I had no clue.”
  “Well now you do.  Anyways- Jake shut up, you’re so annoying.  Sorry Naia, one of the people I want you to meet is harassing me.  Jake, I was just about to give her your address.  If you want to meet her, shut it!”  I heard someone whine in the background, and was suddenly very curious who I would be meeting.  Kira spoke again, this time with no interruptions, giving me the address to this Jake persons house.   I was to be there as quick as I could.
  And since I was already showered, and dressed in my favorite light blue summer dress, I asked my mother for a ride.  She was so ecstatic that I was going to meet a new friend, that she dropped the laundry she was doing, and rushed out the door to the car.  I couldn’t help but feel so lucky to have a mom like her. 
  It didn’t take to long to get to the address I was given.  It was in a slightly busier neighbourhood then the one I lived in, but still peaceful.  Mom dropped me off at a blue two story house, with an immense garden.  It was so disorganized that it was somehow beautiful, and had flowers I had never seen before growing in random spots.  I immediately liked this house.
  Before I had a chance to even reach the door, Kira burst through it, running down the steps and hugging me excitedly.
  “I am so glad you made it!” she exclaimed, grabbing my hand and pulling me up the porch steps and into the house.  “This is Ilonzeh house, not mine, but I practically live here, so let me show you around before the twins maul you.”
  Twins?  I was getting more and more excited every minute. 
  So Kira showed me all of the rooms, the kitchen, the living room, the boy’s “play” room (Kira like to make fun of it, since the twins were 18, and they had a play room).  The she took me to the backyard, where I was able to see the entire garden.  It was even more gorgeous up close, everything in a careful disarray, statues on naked women and men situated all around it.  There was a very out of place basketball hoop in the corner of the garden, and for some reason a slip and slide on right in the middle.
  I gestured at it.  “Uh, slip and slide?” 
  “Yah, you’re never too old for slip and slide fun!” Kira exclaimed, and at that moment, two boys who looked identical came running out of the sliding doors in their swim trunks (one wearing blue ones, the other red).  They ran for the slip and slide, and slid down it together, wrestling the whole way. 
  When they finally stood up again, I was able to get a good look at them.  They both had almost white blond hair, well toned muscles, and beautiful faces, but their faces held an almost child like happiness in them, like nothing in the world could sour their optimism.  But when they made their way closer to me, I noticed their eyes.
  They both had two different colored eyes, but directly opposite.  The one wearing the blue trunks had left eye blue, and right eye brown, and the one in the red trunks and left eye brown and right eye blue.  It was so weird, but I was glad that there was something that could help tell them apart.
  “Naia, this is Jake and Luka,” Kira announced as the boys stopped in front of us.  “You can call whichever one you want whatever name you want.  They’ll never admit who’s really who.  And they usually wear sunglasses, so looking at their eyes is no help either.”
  “This is Luka,” the boy in the red trunks said, pointing to the boy in the blue trunks.  “And I’m Jake.”  They both grabbed one of my hands into each of there own and kissed it, then proceeded to kiss both sides of my cheek at the same time.  Then they started to push each other.
  “I’m pretty sure I’m Jake,” the one in the blue trunks growled. 
  “No, I know I am,”  the one in the red trunks argued.  Then they fell to the ground, wrestling again. I subtly stepped away. 
  “Is this normal?”  I asked. 
  Kira nodded.  “Yup.  They can hardly go a second without ending up on the floor like this.  And frankly, I can never tell when they are joking and when their serious.  So you otherwise have to threaten them, or just ignore it.  Since they’re being rude right now, I’d say let’s go with threatening.”  Then she walked up to the twins, kicked at them, and shouted, “Hey!  I’m taking Naia to my house if you two don’t stop that!  Come on, you’ve been waiting to meet her, so don’t be rude!”
  At that, they both stopped fighting and began to laugh.  It was eerie listening to two people laugh the same laugh side by side.  Then they both stood.
  “I’m really Jake,” the guy in the blue trunks said, shaking my hand.
  “And I’m really Luka,” the boy in the red trunks said, also shaking my other hand.
  “Very nice to meet you both,” I said, smiling in amusement.  “So…  What exactly did you have planned for today?” 
  “Oh nothing too exciting, just same old same old,” Kira said, with a very conspiratorial smile.  I was immediately as worried as I was excited.  I couldn’t begin imagine the things two crazy twins and a very unique girl did to keep busy… 

  -----

SEE I got a chapter in, right before the day ended. :)  So here you are.  Not a romantic chapter, but I quite enjoyed writing this one.  I love twins, especially crazy identical twins o.o

Comment and vote lovelies <333