Chapter 1

Chapter 1

  I’ve always wondered what it would be like to have real friends.  Sure, I probably had a few of them when I was younger.  Before all this life changing stuff happened.  They were probably great, and I bet they treated me great.  But then we moved to L.A., and of course all that changed.  My real friends, gone, only to be replaced by fake ones. 
  All because of my brother.  Jamie Sloan, one of the… Ugh..  Hottest celebrities out there.  He became an actor at the age of 12, and I was just 11.  11 years old and without a best friend.  Now I’m 17, and he is 18, and we’re still living in L.A. and he’s a big time actor.  Of course he is, he’s 18 and according to everyone he’s the hottest guy alive. 
  And me…  Well, I’m just plain old Naia Sloan, nothing interesting here. 
  A knock at the door caused me to jump out of my depressing daydreaming.  Who could it possibly be?  Mom was out shopping, and Jamie was at one of the studios filming his latest movie, Farewell Dreams.  What a fitting movie for what I was just thinking about…  I sat up on my bed, and rubbed my eyes, before finally getting up.  The knocking was getting more persistent and I felt like punching whoever was behind the door.
  But when I opened the door, I was more prepared to stab the person - or rather, people - standing in the doorway, bouncing up and down in excitement. 
  “Oh, Naia, so glad you’re here!”  An unnaturally blond haired girl screeched.  She wore a pink skirt, and a very revealing, and not to mention see through white tank top.  I couldn’t help but notice her bra was pink too..  And was that..?  No!  A picture of Jamie, on her bra?  You’ve got to be kidding me!  I couldn’t hide the disgust on my face, but as usual the girl ignored it, her green eyes shining with unbridled excitement.
  “Hello, Kayla..”  I said, looking down on her.  I was taller then most girls, but comfortably so.  It was nice looking down on girls like Kayla Hall.  “And hello to you too, Bridgette.”  Bridgette Curtis was just like Kayla, but she at least had a little bit more clothes on, but not by much.  She wore light blue skinny jeans, a lavender t-shirt, and a bunch of silver neclaces, only one of them with a pendant, shaped like a key.  The other one belonged to her boyfriend, but that didn’t stop her from ogling over my brother.  Her brown hair cascaded in waves down her back, unlike Kayla’s; she kept her hair short, but permed.  They would both be pretty if they weren’t constantly stalking my brother, and acting like sluts around him. 
  “It’s so good to see you!”  Bridgette said  as they both hugged me.  It was an empty hug.
  “So, is Jamie here?”  Kayla asked, looking innocent, like she came here for me. 
  “No, he’s working right now.”
  “Awe, he’s always working…”  Bridgette whined.
  “That’s what happens when you’re a big time actor, dear,” I said, already tired of them.  These two were just a couple of the many people who pretended to be my friend just to get close to Jamie.
  “True, true,”  Kayla agreed.  “That’s okay, we… came to hang out with you anyways.  Oh, you could show us Jamie’s room!  You promised you would so we could… Compare it to yours!”
  “Sorry, I’m busy,”  I said, slamming the door in their faces before they could protest.  I leaned against it and took a deep breath.  I never cried anymore, I was used to this.  It’s why I home schooled.  No point going to school when everyone crowded you wherever you were asking if you could get them your brothers autograph, or set them up on a date with him.
  Jamie, Jamie, Jamie!  It was always about him.  Whatever.  I pushed myself away from the door and walked back to my room.  I stopped at the mirror in the hallway and looked myself over, trying to find something unique.  Sure, I was pretty, but I didn’t want pretty, I wanted something that stood out.  My hair was a natural red, fairly bright, which landed me the nickname Ginger.  I let it grow out, because it was wavy, and long hair suited me.  I had blue eyes, which was common with red hair, so I didn't feel as if I stood out, as much as I loved blue eyes.  Maybe I was just being too negative.
  Huffing, I walked away from the mirror and into my room, which was at the end of the hallway.  It was large room; my brother had bought us this house in L.A. after his third hit movie, even after my mother tried to convince him not too.  I could tell he knew I was upset, because he made sure to give me the nicest bedroom in the house.  And don’t get me wrong; I love my brother, I just hate fame, and I hate the people that love him. 
  My bedroom had a glass door leading out to a balcony with a hot tub.  I actually used that quite a lot, it was super relaxing.  My bed was huge and was one of those princess-like beds, with the curtains going all the way around so I was able to get the best sleep, and feel like I ruled the world when I woke up.  I had no posters of famous people up in my bedroom; that would just be strange, considering my brother was famous.  The whole bedroom was white however; I enjoyed feeling like I was living in heaven. 
  I threw myself on my bed and covered my head with the pillow.  My bed was so comfy though, that I ended up falling asleep…

~~~~~~~~~

This is my first story on here, so I'm hoping you guys like it :)  Comment and vote!!