Chapter 8

Chapter 8

  As his lips touched mine, a warm current ran through my body, relaxing all of my tense muscles, and killing off all of my anger.  I pushed myself up and into the kiss, hoping to make it last forever, but Kieran pulled away, too soon.
  I took a deep breath, unaware that I had been holding it, and watched as Kieran grinned wide, flashing his brilliant white teeth. 
  More people were honking, but I was able to ignore them this time, and just stared at Kieran in wonder.  I brought my fingers up to my lips and brushed them gently, almost afraid that I had just imagined this all, and it hadn’t actually happened.  Kieran grabbed the fingers and pressed his lips to them, before taking them in his hand and gently pulling me towards the car.
  “Come on then, let’s get you home then,” Kieran said, amusement lacing his voice.  “I seem to have taken your voice away, so since your not protesting, in you go.”  He opened the passenger side door and pushed me in. 
  When he was in, and we were both buckled, I finally spoke, bringing my fingers to my lips again.
  “You kissed me,” I stated dumbly.
  “I did,” he agreed, starting the car, and, finding an opening in the traffic flow, began to drive again.
  “But…  I…  Why?”  I stammered, unsure of myself.  And then I remembered a crucial detail. 
  Jenna Grace.  His girlfriend. 
  My face immediately paled.  I was not dishonest, how could I be apart of a boy cheating on his girl?
  “Because I’m a gentleman,” he smiled, and winked at me.
  “No you’re not,” I whispered, starting to feel panicky.  “You kissed me, which means you just cheated and I just helped.  Oh no…”
  “Naia, calm down,” Kieran said, frowning.  “What’s wrong now?  I cheated?”
  “Didn’t you?”
  “Not that I know… Oh…”  And then he began to laugh.  So hard he almost had to pull over again.  Wiping tears out of his eyes, he finally spoke again.  “You mean Jenna?  Jamie did mention she was my girlfriend didn’t he.  Sure we dated once as a publicity stunt, but we’re just friends.  Jamie still calls her my girlfriend because we’re dating on her show, Harmony’s Last Chance.  I’ve given up caring, and I hardly notice anymore.”  He chuckled.  “I’m sorry if I worried you.”
  I sighed in relief, glad that I hadn’t been part of something as dishonest as cheating.  And then I realized that that meant Kieran was single.  And he had kissed me.  And we were still together.  I didn’t dare say what I thought though; I wanted to savour this moment, rather then shatter it.
  “I kissed you, because it seemed the perfect time to do so,”  Kieran said, suddenly serious. 
  I thought it weird that he actually wanted to talk about it.  The first (and only) boyfriend I had ever had avoided talking about our first kiss.  He took very large steps to avoid talking about it in fact. 
  “Are you afraid?”  Kieran asked, glancing at me.
  I thought about it for a moment, and then decided to be truthful, so I nodded.  He reached over, took my hand, and squeezed it.
  “Don’t be.  I told you I’d be your friend, and I meant it.”  I smiled and squeezed his hand back.

  During the rest of the ride, Kieran and I had just talked about our lives, and got to know each other better.  I learned that he used to be a farm boy before he became an actor at the age of 15 (he was 19 now), and that he sort of missed the life.  I wondered why he hadn’t told me that when I told him I wanted to live on a farm, but just dismissed it for forgetfulness.  He also told me about his mother and father, who were so proud of their actor son, but wouldn’t take any of his money to help them with the farm, much to Kieran’s dismay.
  And I told Kieran about my father, and how he had died 14 years ago, when I was 3 and Jamie was 4, in a very tragic car accident.  Kieran expressed his condolences, but I just smiled and told him I barely remembered him.
  It was around 7pm by the time we finally made it to my house.  Jamie had already been home for 3 hours, and grumbled about how I was stealing his very best friend.
  I just laughed and said, “Aren’t you supposed to be the older sibling?”
  Kieran laughed with me, and Jamie just grumbled some more.
  “Oh hey, I brought someone home with me today, who was on set looking for you,” Jamie announced smirking.
  I looked at Kieran, who had paled slightly, and I couldn’t help but know exactly who Jamie had brought home.
  “Kieran!”  Jenna Grace exclaimed as she bounded into the living room where we were all standing.  She ran up to him and wrapped her arms around his neck squeezing.  Kieran raised his arms up high as if saying “See, look, no touchy”, and Jenna let go, looking slightly disappointed.
  I looked her over, trying to see if I really did have any competition in her. 
  Jenna had true black straight hair, which she had done up in a very complex do, that had part of her hair up and part of it down.  Perfectly cut side bangs helped her face look more beautiful then it probably already was.  There was an excitement that seemed permanently placed in her grey eyes, that were enhanced with the professional make up job she clearly got done.  Jenna wore a dark green beaded halter top, with short jean shorts.
  Simply put, Jenna was gorgeous.
  I glanced down at my lame tee-shirt and skinny jeans, and back at Jenna.  Then I eyed Kieran, but he just smiled at me.
  After chatting up a storm with Kieran, Jenna finally turned to me, eyes bright. 
  “You must be Naia!” she exclaimed, running up to me and giving me a hug.  “So nice to finally meet you.  I hear you were out with Kieran all day?  Isn’t he just amazing?”
  I suddenly got the feeling that Jenna didn’t consider Kieran just a friend.  She obviously was still crushing hard on him.  Although she reminded me of someone I knew, someone very familiar…
  But I found myself nodding with her, and agreeing.  Because she was right.  He was very amazing.  I touched my lips again, almost unconsciously, and a faint blush crawled up my cheeks when I realized what I was doing.  Kieran saw, and knew what it meant, and just smirked. 
  “Jamie, why don’t you and Jenna go make us some food,” Kieran said, casually.  “Me and Naia are hungry, we’ve been out all day.”
  Jamie gave him a flat look.  “You didn’t take her out for food?”
  “I’m cheap?”  They both laughed, and Jamie and Jenna left for the kitchen.  Then Kieran walked up to me quickly, grabbed my hand, and brought me into the hallway where he pushed me against the wall, and placed his hands on it on either side of my head.
  “You know, we’ve only known each other for a few days,” I whispered, butterflies going nuts in my stomach. 
  My heart fluttered as he leaned in close and nibbled on my bottom lip.  He then brought his lips to my ear and whispered softly, caressing me with his voice.
  “From the moment I first really saw you, it felt like I’d known you forever.”
  Then he brought lips back to mine, and kissed me deeply.  I wrapped my arms around his neck, tangling my fingers in his hair, and returning the kiss just as passionately.  When he pulled back, we were both breathless. 
  “Let’s go make it look like we’ve been sitting the whole time,” Kieran said, chuckling as he cupped my cheek and stroked my hair.  He kissed me one last time, a quick one, which made me want so much more, before smoothing his own hair out and walking with hands in his pockets back to the couch where he sat down gracefully, and motioned for me to join him.  I sat a little distance away, but Kieran narrowed his eyes at me, so I shuffled in closer.
  I still didn’t know what our relationship was.  Kieran didn’t seem to sure either, and, as we’d briefly mentioned in the car, we didn’t really know how to let Jamie know that we were… Well, more then friends. 
  Moments later, Jamie came in carrying chips and salsa, Jenna following behind with a bowl of sliced up fresh fruit.  They both set the bowls on the coffee table in front of us.
  “That good enough for you, master?” Jamie asked, crossing his arms.
  “Yes, slave, thank you,” Kieran replied cheerfully.  Jamie just shook his head and sat on the couch beside me.  He put his arm around me and poked a finger in my ear.
  “Hey, quit it!”  I growled, swatting at his hand.  Jamie laughed and grabbed a chip, slopping a ton of salsa on it.  Jenna sat comfortably in a chair beside the couch.
  “T.V. time!”  Jamie suddenly shouted, grabbing the clicker and turning on the t.v.
  The news happened to be on, showing a recent rise in crime in L.A. apparently.
  And then a new story came on, one that caused me to pale completely.
  It began with a picture of me and Kieran kissing on the highway.

-----

Okay, so I'm not that mean.  I didn't even have you wait a day!  And this chappy's not short either :O  Show me how happy you are by commenting and voting :) :)

<333

By the way guys, I love all of your comments, and I read every single one of them, so keep the comments coming, they make my day :)