Chapter 10 (part 2)

When we arrived back home, I just felt numb. My mind was still reeling.  The day had gone by so fast, and yet so slow.  Kieran kissed me, , Jamie and Jenna found out about us, Kieran asked me out Kieran turned into a complete and utter…  Well, at the moment I had no negative word strong enough to describe him.  I thanked Jamie again, and retreated to my room, where, as was usual for me, I jumped onto my bed and put a pillow over my head. 
  Everything had just happened so fast.  And I guess I had only known Kieran for a few days.  It’s not like I knew who he was at all.  It’s said that the true side of the person your with doesn’t come out until around 2 years after the relationship has begun.  If this is just the beginning of Kieran, he was worse then I had thought.
  Which was very depressing to think about.
  He had been my first real friend in years, or so I had thought.  But he was just another person who used his fame and his looks to hurt people, like me. 
  But then again, maybe Jenna did put him up to it?  He could be protecting me right?  Unfortunately my hate for fame rose back up, and demolished that thought.  Kieran was like all the rest.  The only good that came out of this was that Jamie had stood up for me, and decked Kieran. 
  Wouldn’t Jamie have at least known what Kieran was really like?  Maybe that’s why he had been so pissed at finding out Kieran had kissed me. 
  Eventually the tears came, slowly at first, but then I broke out into full sobbing, holding the pillow over my head so that no one would hear.  But no one came to see me.  I was glad; I didn’t want to be seen this out of control of my emotions, all because of a stupid boy. 
  I cried myself to sleep that night.

  I wandered around the house in a daze for the next couple of days.  Mom made all of my favorite meals, and Jamie didn’t pull any pranks.  He tried to make me laugh, but I could only smile feebly.  I avoided the TV., afraid that I might see Kieran in a show, or a movie or something, and I also tried to avoid just thinking about Kieran in general.  I felt guilty for being one of those people who let the end of a relationship get to them, but it really hurt.  I wasn’t even certain why it hurt so bad, I just knew I wanted it to stop.
  Three days after the last time I had seen Kieran, I was walking down the hall when I heard the TV playing at a very low volume.  I crept quietly down the hall and peered into the living room.  My mother and brother were sitting on the couch, watching the TV very intently.  When I looked at the screen, I saw two of the last people I wanted to see, sitting together.
  Kieran and Jenna. 
  They were on a talk show, hosted by a lady named Arden Jill.  She had become quite famous over the years, and was now one of the top talk show hosts. 
  “So, you guys are dating again?” Arden asked the two of them, smiling.
  “Oh, Arden, we never stopped!” Jenna said, giggling.  “We just wanted to make it private for awhile.”
  “I see,” Arden said.  “Then what about this picture that was taken a few days ago?”  The picture of me and Kieran kissing popped up on a huge screen behind their chairs.  I flinched, and tears threatened to fall from my eyes, but I held them back.
  Jenna laughed.  “I know it doesn’t seem like it, but that was me in disguise.  Kieran and I had just gotten into a huge fight, and he wanted to apologize.”
  My jaw dropped.  She was telling the world that that was her?  And Kieran didn’t even seem to care.  Although I did notice how he wouldn’t look at the picture.  The cut that should be on his lip or jaw had been nicely covered up with make up.
  The words all blended together after that.  I didn’t catch a single one, just went back to my room, and cried some more.

  A couple days after that, I was finally getting back into my old lonely life.  The end of my grade 11 home schooling was almost here, and I was working hard to get good grades, even though I felt like crap.  It kept me distracted though. 
  I was sitting at the desk in my room, working on schoolwork, when my door burst opened, no knock first, and revealed Jamie standing in the doorway, hands on his hips.  I swear it looked like he should have had a cape on, blowing in the wind, with the Superman symbol on his shirt.  Instead, he just wore jeans and a masculine red v-neck.  He wore those a lot.
  “We’re going out,” he announced, very confidently.
  “No, I don’t think so,” I replied back, beginning to write again.
  I heard him walk up to where I sat, and squeaked in surprise and he lifted me up and tossed me over his shoulder like I weighed nothing.  I started beating his back in protest.
  “Yes, I think we are,” he said.  I could hear the smile in his voice, and I wanted to scream.  “Good, your dressed!”
  Jamie hauled me out of the house and into his car, and I watched sullenly as my mom waved from the front door.
  “Buckle up, or I will chain you to the seat,” Jamie asserted, glancing at me.  I huffed and slammed my seatbelt on.
  “Try not to break my car…” 
  “Then don’t make me go anywhere,” I growled.
  “You need friends,” Jamie stated, ignoring my venomous tone.  “There’s a big party tonight.  I suggest you tell them a fake name and make some real friends.”
  My eyes opened wide, and I had to force myself to blink.  “What?”
  “Oh come on.  Yes, Kieran was a jerk.  No, not all people are like that.  We’re not coming home tonight until you make some friends.”
  “Well then I guess we’ll be out all night then,”  I mumbled, crossing my arms and sinking further into the car seat.

  The party was at a low key club, called the Kingston.  Of course, it was packed since word had spread that Jamie and a bunch of other actors would be there, but Jamie assured me there would be more then enough non famous people for me to mingle with.  He also thought it would be best to enter separately, or risk being ogled over because I’d arrived with Jamie Sloan.  Surprisingly, this was the first party I’d ever gone to with Jamie.
  Actually this was the first party I’d gone to period. 
  I went into the party first.  I was immediately overwhelmed by all the noise.  Music blared from speakers everywhere, people were shouting or singing, or just talking.  Lights flashed, distracting me, and soon I found myself on an over crowded dance floor.  A random boy started grinding against me, making me gasp.  I quickly pushed him away, and began to dig my way through the crowd, not sure where I was heading. 
  I heard screams and gasps near the entrance I had come from, and knew Jamie had arrived.  He would have body guards around him at all times, ones that were already at the club waiting for him, to keep him from being mulled by all his crazed fans.  I was glad I didn’t have to deal with that.
  Finally I made it to a less crowded area, and I went to the wall and leaned against it, breathing in deeply.  My first party experience was not going so well.  I closed my eyes and put my hands in my pockets, trying to seem as inconspicuous as I could.  When I opened them again, however, I just happened to meet a pair of green eyes, eyes that belonged to an extremely well dressed boy.  He had shoulder length black hair, pulled back into a short ponytail.  But it looked damn fine on him.  His face held slight scruff, making him look somewhat bolder, and aggressive almost.  I could see his muscles rippling beneath his black shirt, which he had unbuttoned halfway down his chest. 
  Smiling, he raised the glass he had in his hand and began to walk towards me, making my heart beat faster.  But just as he was about to reach me, a hand grabbed my arm and pulled me away, tugging me along.  I looked at the person pulling me, assuming it was Jamie come to rescue me or something, but it wasn’t.
  It was a girl, measurably shorter then me.  She had straightened brown hair, longer in the front, short at the back, but the longest lock only reached her chin.  There was one streak of purple near the front of her hair though.  When she stopped, and looked at me, I noticed she had extremely beautiful eyes.  They were silver, with black going around the outside of the irises, making them glow almost.  She was slightly plump, and had a very soft face.  She was pretty in her own unique way.  She also dressed her own unique way too.  Short shorts had been put on over pink tights, and she wore a purple tank top.
  “Thank God I got you away from there in time,” she exclaimed, panting dramatically.
  “Why?” I asked.  I was slightly confused, but I had a feeling it had to do with that boy, or rather, man who had been coming towards me.
  “That guy, who was ever so subtly coming towards you,” she began.  I noticed she gestured with her hands a lot as she spoke. “His name’s Sam.  You don’t want to get involved with him, even just as a friend.  He’s bad news I tell you.”
  “Oh, he seemed harmless enough,” I replied, tapping my lips with my thumb.
  “Did he?  He plays his games very well.”  Then she grinned, showing off slightly crooked teeth.  They were bleach white though.  “My name’s Kira, Kira Brown.”  I flinched slightly as her name brought back memories of Kieran, but I pushed them back.
  “I’m… Naia.” I replied, shaking her extended hand. 
  “No last name?  What a shame,” Kira replied, smirking. 
  “Smith, Naia Smith,” I said quickly, cursing internally at the extremely unoriginal name.
  “I like that name, Naia,” Kira said, saying my name as if she were tasting a new flavor of gum. 
  “Kira’s a nice name too,” I replied, suddenly realizing that this was my chance to make a friend.  I glanced around, trying to find Jamie, to at least smile at him, but instead, I met the eyes of… Him.
  Kieran.

----

This took sooo long to write xD  But I love it, and can't wait for you all to read it.  I'm excited!!

Comment and vote ;)  <33