christmas with the tannies

2020.

It's been a rough year. Needless to say nothing has changed with the business of BigHit. Every year the same as before. Holidays or not, work is always a constant. Pandemic or not, work is still, the constant.

It's usually a bit of a sad time around this time of year for the eight members. Having had to spend holidays away from their families since debut, not once being able to go home. But of course they always will have each other. And that's what has always been the most important to them.

Hana having been born and raised in the states, Christmas was a well celebrated holiday. Though it's a bit different in terms of celebration in South Korea, she has always made it a point to celebrate it with the boys the way she did when she was younger with her family. In Korea, Christmas isn't as much of a big deal as it is in the states, as in Korea it's a holiday most people spend with significant others.

But Haneul was raised with the traditional ways of spending Christmas of course, having been raised in the states, with family, decorating, making cookies, filling stalkings, and watching Christmas movies with hot cocoa.

All to which none of the boys did growing up. So it was quite an odd experience when Hana had brought it up to them, their first Christmas together as a group, that she wanted to bring those aspects and traditions into their lives.

Especially since they can't go home to their families for the holidays. She felt the need to bring a bit of family to them.

And as years passed, the boys grew used to it. They enjoy it in fact. It gives them something to look forward to. Their dorm starts to feel warmer, more relaxing. It makes the group feel more family like within their dorm, as if they could get closer than that.

This year with the pandemic hitting, it was a little rough for them all. Seasonal depression was a regular thing for all of them, along with stressing about work, and missing their families, but the pandemic just made it worse.

Having been in lock down and all of that, it truly was a difficult time for everyone. Hana, however wasn't going to let it take away their tradition to decorate together though. Because in the end even if it all came crumbling down, she knows that her and the boys were going to be in it together, and that's what made things seem even in the smallest bit bearable.

Luckily the eight had the day off. Which became the perfect opportunity to take advantage of the time they had to decorate.

Walking around like the menace she is, with her speaker in hand, Hana begins blasting "All I Want for Christmas Is You" by Mariah Carey. Echoing through the halls. Jin without hesitation comes out from his room, darting straight to their storage unit they had in their dorm.

"Is it time?" He gives his younger member a dramatic look.

"Yes...it is." Hana plays along. Before laughing. Opening up their storage closet, and taking out their neatly packed away Christmas decor. To which soon Namjoon, and Jungkook join and help carry anything heavy. Following Hana's orders, as always.

"Because you three are the first out here, we don't have to fluff the tree." Hana states, making the boys celebrate their small victory. Because everyone knows fluffing a fake tree can be a pain in the a—

"I'm going to go and get the dough and icing started then." Jin cheers happily, more than willing to bake as opposed to being stuck sorting out decor. Leaving the 3 of his younger members to fend for themselves in their living room, to the kitchen.

"Noona, I can help Jin hyung get the cookies started." Jungkook cheerfully offers his help for the Christmas cookies.

"If I find out you're eating the cookie dough before it's even been baked—" she lightly scolds the maknae, who playfully throws his hands up.