Hana's Aunt

It was when Hana and the boys went on the Love Yourself portion of the tour in 2018 that Hana had one of the toughest times of her life.

It was 2 months before the members were about to go on tour when Hana received news about her aunt being diagnosed with brain cancer.

Hana's aunt means the world to her. The girl was only about 12-13 years old when she left her family behind in the states to pursue a dream that was far out of her reach, thousands of miles away from her comfortable life she had in LA. And her aunt was the person that fulfilled every role Hana could possibly need at such a young age.

Her aunt was her mom, her dad, her sister, and her friend all in one. Everyday Hana would return to her dorms as a trainee she would call her, her aunt always picked up every call no matter what time of day it was. All to hear out Hana. To let Hana cry to her. Give Hana whatever advice she needed. To support her. And motivate her. Hana's aunt is also the reason she kept dancing after moving overseas. Although her aunt wasn't at all rich she always. Always, set aside money to pay for Hana to be in dance classes.

"If it wasn't for that woman I wouldn't have debuted. I probably would have moved back to America and gave up on dancing and singing. I would have gave up on my dreams if it weren't for her." words Hana always said. Always crediting her aunt for her success.

And to see the strongest woman she knew be put down by such a burden made Hana lose a part of herself.

The Love Yourself Tour was going to be 8 months long. Which scared Hana to death. It was too long. And she wouldn't be able to be there for her aunt. She wouldn't be able to walk through it all with her. The way her aunt did with everything Hana went through.

But one thing Hana did know was that with the pay she gets that she would provide the best treatments and care for her aunt. Give her aunt the best doctors, and medicine.

When Hana received the news it was as if the triggers that cause her to be happy shut off. She grew quiet. But she didn't let the boys see how sad she was. And she chose to keep the news a secret. But of course all 8 of them have been together for 5 years they know eachother inside and out. And the boys knew something was off.

Hana went to go see her aunt in the hospital one last time before she had to leave Korea for 8 months for the tour.

As soon as Hana entered the hospital room she saw her aunt watching Fake Love on the TV hanging on the wall. Hana brings in the bouquet of flowers she made herself. And her Aunt's favorite chocolate and snacks.

"Aahhhhh there's my girl." Her aunt gets up from her hospital bed to greet her niece.

"No auntie! Lay down and rest." Hana leads her aunt back to the bed and gently lays her down. And places the gifts she brought on to the nightstand by her bed.

"Oh those are beautiful Hana...and you even remembered my favorite snacks?! You didn't have to get me anything my dear I just wanted to see you before you left." Her aunt says gratefully.

"Of course I did." Hana smiles

"So are you excited for the tour?" Her aunt asks with enthusiasm completely ignoring her reality as if it isn't even happening.

"Auntie I'll be gone for 8 months." Hana speaks up sadly

"Oh that's amazing Hana! You'll be able to visit so many places and see so many armys! I heard as soon as the tickets went on sale that you guys sold out! " her aunt goes on still holding her genuine happiness for her niece.

"Will you be alright while I'm gone?" Hana asks looking down in her lap at her ring that her and the maknae line all match each other with for some sort of comfort.

"Ohhh honey look at me." Her aunt grabs her hands to hold not being able to hold them as firmly as she used to.

"You know what I want you to do. I want you go on every stage, and preform like never before. Like I'm in every crowd. Don't worry about me here." Hana starts tearing up.

"Promise me that no matter what happens. You will never let anything hold you back from your dreams that you are living out now. Not even me." Her aunt places her other hand on top of Hana's.

"You were meant to be on that stage with those 7 boys. This wasn't some sort of miracle or accident. Your destiny is to preform, with your members. Not be stuck here worrying about your sick Auntie." She reassures Hana being completely optimistic.

"I promise." Hana looks up at her aunt holding her tears back, making a promise to everything her aunt said. With every intention of keeping it no matter what.

"Speaking of the boys are they outside waiting for you?" Her aunt asks

Hana replies with silence.

"You should tell them my love." Her aunt responds to Hana's silence knowing that by that Hana didn't tell the boys about what's going on.

"It's hard...I don't want them all stressing out to look out for me when we are about to go on tour." Hana says as she hears Spring Day play on the TV.

"Well it's up to you." Her aunt says letting her know that she isn't trying to force anything on her.

Suddenly a knock on the door interrupts their conversation. In comes Sejin.

"We have to go Hana the boys are waiting for you back at the agency." He tells her softly while bowing to Hana's aunt at the entrance.

Hana nods at him and looks back at her aunt and gives her the biggest hug. With her aunt responding back with the same love.

"Remember our promise." She says

"I will." Hana answers

"I love you so much my girl. You deserve to live out your most beautiful moment in life." Hana breaks down at her aunt's words.

"I love you too. Goodbye auntie." Hana cries into her aunts shoulder.

"Not goodbye my dear. I'll see you later." Hana gets up looking at her aunt one last time. With her aunt giving her a warm smile as Hana exits with Sejin.

Hana and Sejin enter the van and are on the drive back to the agency in silence of the car ride.

"Manager-nim?" Hana breaks the silence in the car.

"Yes Hana?" Sejin asks with openness of what Hana may need.

"Can you not tell the boys about this please. I want to tell them myself." Hana asks him for a favor.

"Of course Hana. And if you need anything you can always talk to me." He says letting Hana know that he is there for her.

"Thank you." Then they arrive at the company building.

________________________________so I'm making this into multiple parts as I think this has something to it that will unfold and is very important to Hana's character. Or her character background.
Please let me know if you guys want to see more of this! THANK YOU FOR 5k VIEWS OMG!!!!
as always keep reading and I'll keep writing💜