2018 MAMA

MAMA, known to be one of the biggest award shows and ceremonies for Kpop idols and idol groups. Where idols are recognized for their long year of hard work, music, and performances. And yes every group and idol dreams of winning a daesang. But truthfully everyone hopes deep down that they receive one of the biggest awards in the whole ceremony. The Artist of The Year award.

The group of 8 were seated in their section nervous. They had won Artist of the Year twice in a row, for the first time in 2016, and for the second time last year in 2017. They had just gotten back after preforming Idol. Hearts still pumping from all of the adrenaline and preforming. And back from just receiving The Album of the Year award. But hearts pumping even more now knowing what award was being presented next.

Of course they were well aware of their presence in the world, aware of all of the work they put in. But that doesn't mean that they would win. All they could do was sit there with eachother and wait to see who's name would be called off of that card in the presenters hands. Questions and doubts going through every members heads.

What if we don't win? Did all this work pay off?  Did we do enough? Do we deserve this? Was it all worth it?

The male presenter walks upon the stage down the center isle to the mic. With the screen lit up with 'ARTIST OF THE YEAR' behind him.

Seating order:
Tae-Hoseok-Namjoon-Jimin-Jungkook-Hana-Yoongi-Jin

All of the members looked at eachother kind of hard to read but were somewhere between the lines of nervous and excited. Hana was trying her best to not show how nervous she was but in the end the only people that could tell were her members. Hana places her hand on her knee and started messing with the hole in her pants and started bouncing her leg with her breathing speeding up a bit. Yoongi who had kept a close eye on her places his hand on top of hers on her knee and looked at her and smiled. Causing Hana's leg to stop bouncing. Hana looks at him and smiles half heartedly still nervous. Then looking at the rest of her members who she could tell were nervous as well but trying to be composed.

Namjoon looked at everyone and nodded assuring them that it was going to be alright without the need of any words. And then they heard the announcers voice.

"Hello! This years artists have come out with wonderful music and preformances. And have worked extremely hard just to make every dance and note a show stopper. Now we will see this years nominees for the Artist of the Year daesang!" excitedly he turns towards the screen behind which presents segments of different idols and groups music videos. Last segment showing 'BTS' and a segment from their idol music video. As soon as that song was heard all of the ARMYs screamed at the top of their lungs cheering for their group.

Jungkook who was biting his nails out of nervous habit then grabs Hana's hand to hold to try to calm himself down as well. Each one of them's faces stone cold now impossible to read.

"Now we will see who is The Artist of the Year." The male presenter then opens up the envelope  in his hands and takes a look at the card.

Everybody's breaths hitched. Jungkook grips Hana's hand harder. And Hana then holds Yoongi's hand as well still on her knee. Looking down into her thighs with her eyes squeezed tightly shut.

"This is amazing. Artist of the Year is-" With a long pause to build up suspense for everyone.
He turns the card over so everyone could see it

"-BTS!" He says with a smile. Loud roars and cheers echo everywhere from ARMYs.

Hana looks up eyes wide as all of the members break into smiles. Jungkook helps his noona up and they get into a group hug together.
Idol blasts throughout the venue showing that BTS had won. All the idols around them stand up as bowing at them and clapping. As the eight make their way to the stage.Each of them bowing and thanking the ARMYs they saw as the walk down the central isle to get the the center stage with the mic.