(3) The First Gesture

A slap enters my face ''Get out!'' Father yells. He turns around and walks back to his client and sits himself in his chair. The one chair at the end of the very long table with all of his client filling the seats before him.

I quickly do as I'm told and run up to my room. I hated it when father had these meetings. He would be extra ignorant and extra aggravated. He would always put an attempt at sounding like he's in control of everything. And for some reason his clients love seeing him being abusive towards his family.

I suppose it puts a smile on their faces to see my mom get hit and called nasty words, or dragging me by my hair while kicking and screaming at the floor. And then he would be mad at me if they didn't laugh at his dumb and overused abuse. As if I was the one at fault.

I jump on my bed and let the tears flood me. One by one, each for a reason worse than the other one. I hated him. I hate him for everything he did to me, my mother and to AJ.

An unwelcome knock hits my door and I can't help but groan and quickly wipe my tears away. I sit up straight because that was a rule in the house that father created 'always sit or stand straight when being in the presence of someone else'. It has become kind of like a habit at this point.

Without permission the door opens and a head peeks out behind the door. It's mommy.

''Hi sweetheart'' she says, with her very soothing voice as she walks towards me, opening her arms signaling for a hug. 

I can't help but sob. She walks towards me in a hurry and wrap her arms around me.

''Oh Ellie, my sweet girl please don't cry'' she says, trying her best to sound bold and convincing. I can't help it so I keep crying without the ability to stop. Slowly she kisses my head and hums my favorite song. Our song.

Finally, after what seems like forever I tilt my head up to look at mom and let out a sigh before speaking. ''What was the meeting about mom?''. She instantly stills and her eyes widen. She wraps me even tighter around her arm and kiss me in attempt of dodging my question.

Curious as ever I ask again. ''Mom?''. An even bigger sigh appears out of her and I know something is very wrong. ''Honey you're only 11 you wouldn't understand..'' she replies, without sounding too guilty.

''Okay.. I'm tired mom'' my voice cracks, still in pain. ''Close your eyes Ellie'' she hums and plants a kiss on my forehead while cuddling me to sleep.

—PRESENT—
I wake up, my head pounding. As I roll my eyes to open them properly I catch the light with my eyes. I'm laying in my bed, in nothing but a large T-shirt. No bra, and only a thong. 

Who changed my clothes? I sit up feeling dizzy as ever when suddenly the pain from my stomach hits me. ''Ouch'' I flinch.

I stand up and examinate the room. Dark gray, almost black walls. It's surprisingly aesthetically pleasing. With low dimmer lights and LED lights covering the base of the bed.

I hope Aiden is fine. God I miss him. Those weirdos better get me out of here soon. It's been a day already, it's not like them to spend this much time getting me out.

Suddenly a voice is heard, through some speaker hidden somewhere in the room.

''There are clothes waiting for you in the bathroom'' A husky yet gentle voice occurs.

What bathroom? All I see is two doors, one black and regular sized and the other a little bit bigger. I'm guessing the regular sized is the bathroom. As I open the door, automatic lights turn on. This is kind of fancy. Not letting myself get too shocked by this house, cave or whatever this is, I close the door behind me.