(23) The First Protection

It's 2 AM and I'm still stuck here. Completely exhausted and ready to go home. My shift ends at 3 AM luckily. The club is more crowded now, lots of men sneak out after their wives go to bed. Some don't trust their men, with good reason too. Music pounds in my ears as the LED-lights flash in all multi colors.

Lina startles me from behind. "Hey do you think you could serve this bottle of scotch up to the VIP lounge, room number 2? I have to do something really quick" she squeals almost. Lina is a beautiful woman with strawberry red hair and the palest skin tone ever, with lots of freckles complimenting her facial feautures. I look at her and she gives a big grin.

She must be happy about something. "Of course!" I yell back so she can hear me over the music. She gives me a big smile and hands me the bottle.

I walk over to the stairs, passing men and women who are dancing along with the strippers. They're all wasted right now, it would be heaven to have a carefree life like that. Be able to go out with no worries, no family to protect except being protected. Mayeb I should take my crew out sometime, they work so hard. We all do. Once this is over I'll take them out, even little AJ. He loves everything that can be done with us.

I walk up the stairs with both hands on the scotch forgetting my board to place the scotch on. This club is pretty fancy, so it has beautiful red couches, a pole in each VIP room, a stage and all the drinks you want if you're VIP.

There are curtain beads to each room, so when I finally arrive to room number 2 I stick my hand in and move the beads to the side so I can enter.

The first thing I see is eleven men. The end of the table faces me, where a man with his back sits infront of me. The rest of the men are placed on both sides of him. All dressed in lilac purple suits, except for the one with his back to me, the only one who's wearing a black suit.

I swift my eyes around the room and find two strippers I've seen a couple of times here. One at the end of the table dancing, and another one on the pole.

All the men turn to face me, some smirking, some just staring at me with no facial expression and some just look at the man whose seated with his back against me. I can't see his face, but his strongly muscular body looks familiar to me.

«You ordered a scotch?» I finally get out. I see the man with his back infront of me slightly wince when i speak. He keeps his dirty blonde head up staring straight forward.

I walk to the right side of the man in black and place the scotch down.

The man grabs my wrist just as I'm about to retreat hand. My heart starts pounding when I hear him.

«It's good to see you again, mi bella». His deep familiar voice hits my heart. Where my heart now breaks into a thousand pieces. It's Kain.

No. No. No. No.

No.

No..

I find it harder to breathe now. I try to release myself from his grip but instead he tightens it. He turns to look at me. A slight apologetic smile occurs on his face.

«Everyone, out» he orders. Everyone around him looks shocked. A face I didn't see before until now is Aaron. His right hand.

«We can't do that Kain, she's dangerous» he gives a sweet laugh, one I used to tell him I loved everyday. One he used to get all shy over n tried to keep hidden.

«She loves me, she can never harm me.» His words makes me mad, after everything, he still thinks I love him.

I've been underground for so long now to get away from him. And now he's here. In my club. At my job.

Everyone stands up and starts walking outside, the strippers stop dancing and walk out as well.

After they all exited he slowly releases my wrist and I stand up straight keeping my head down, not wanting to meet his eyes.

I'm not a woman who lets myself down or get intimidated by others. But to see the person I loved the most and shattered me the most, I want to break down. Everytime I see him I see her.

Instead of crying I gather myself up and meet his stare.

«You're a fucking monster» I almost cry, unable to control my breath.

He stares me deeply in my eyes with no emotion. This is not the man I once loved. This is a monster.

We just stand here, for seconds upon seconds with no words.

My eyes start to water and I can feel my cheeks going red. Where's the brave Eleodore? Don't let yourself down.

I take a deep breath.

"I'm sorry." He simply says.

I'm shocked by his words, almost unable to process what's been said. Or rather who said it.

When I realize what he's apologizing for I break down. Tears start falling down my cheeks. He pulls me into his embrace and holds around me.

I can't do anything but cry. I never did anything but cry. That's why I lost her. Unable to stop this monster who's once again holding around me to comfort me with no comfort.

I keep crying in his arms and I feel a kiss planting on my head. He strokes my cheek.

I want to push him away, tell him I hate him, tell him he's the reason she's dead.

But I don't.

I'm weak when it comes to him.

I hate you so much Kain.

I wish you killed me instead of her.

«Let's go mi Bella» he softly whispers into my ear.