(16) The First Flashback

''You dumb bitch!'' He yelled, slapping me once more.

Tears stroke down my cheek as I sniffled, trying to stay quiet.

He stands infront of me, completely careless of our surroundings, which was me naked, and him infront of me while all of his men were sitting behind me, laughing and spitting.

I absolutely despised him, but I'm doing it for her. Just a little longer and I can be free of his hold. For her.

''I swear, I didn't do anything! He's innocent, please don't harm him!'' I look towards the man, thats tied on not a cross, but a snake. A large wooden snake that was made for executions, which was right now about to be the future of a man who did nothing wrong than care for me.

This was the same man who brought me food and entertained me when I was bored and locked up. He was supposed to be my guard, but he became more than that, he became my friend too. Not in that kind of way, but in a way which was harmless to our relationship, despite what he thinks.

''I saw you, don't fuck around, Eleodore, he deserves to die for laying a hand on you'', he says, almost calmly as if this didn't bother him at all, but I know it did.

''He gave me food! He helped me when no one was there, he helped me when I had a nightmare and when I hurt myself, you should be thanking him for doing all the work you should've done!'' I exclaimed in tears, trying to prolong this as long as I could, but the truth is, I can't. He's losing a lot of blood, his palm cupped in the other one, spiked to the wood above his head as he hangs in pain. It's clear that he can't bear it no more.

'''Kill him''.

And just like that, a loud, probably the loudest, gunshot occurs. He's dead, free from pain. Free from this cruel world.

I snap out of whatever transe I was in, blinking the tears away to focus on anything else but my transe. My head is still pounding, right now I'm getting ready for tonight, with one mission only; drug Diego, and leave no witnesses.

That should be easy right? Wrong.

Because if I fuck up, Diego's men will catch all of us and then he'll put a bullet through each and one of us. I know it's extraordinary to have a mafia leader scared, but so is having an inexperienced female to be a mafia leader.

Like I said, I've been trained to do this, but I didn't grown up with this, unlike many other leaders. That's what a leader needed to be, and it was bad enough that I'd taken over without proper experience or knowledge, but also being a female, something some men would say. They would scoff and be like ''well you don't have the guts to pull the trigger, and neither can you fight, so why don't you use that pretty body of yours for other things than dominance''.

And you know what's funny, these are the same old men who let 18 year olds ride them and dominance them, yet they don't seem to have a problem with that.

I put on the dress I bought, the sleek nude glitter dress that barely cover anything, my boobs were practically falling out at this point.

My ass looks like I'm arching my back 90 degrees, But I look good, that was the first time I've felt good about myself in such a long time. I put on my strap heels, which match my dress.

My hair is curled which looks effortless, but it took a long time for it to look like that, with a lot of help, cursing and heartbreak from Tori.

It was funny watching her burn herself, she'd always curse as if there was no tomorrow. Of course I'd try to keep it in, but when I did, she went violent mode.

One last glance and I'm out of the door and down in the limo by myself, but before the limo hits the gas my door swings open, and a very excited Tori hops in beside me.

''What do you think you're doing?'' I ask her, still shocked at her sudden appearance.

''I'm coming with you, girl you know you can't keep those dirty old hands of that fine ass of yours by yourself'', she says as she looks at me, giving me a hint of serious and joking.

''If Elijah knows you're here he'll pull off the entire thing, do you know what a control freak he is?'' I ask, trying to sound like I'm exaggerating yet convincing, because truth is, I don't want her here.

I don't want her under any danger. This is her one way ticket into trouble.

''Relax, he's just as grumpy as my dad, I can handle him'', she laughs and I join along in attempt of hiding my relief, because now I was kind of glad she was here with me. I didn't want to be alone in this, is that selfish of me? Maybe, but it's about life and death.

 ꔫ - Hi guys, I hope you enjoyed this, please leave a vote for support, thank you!<3