(7) The First Let Down

''Oh fuck me'' Kai growls, sounding disappointed yet cautious. He leans his back against the door.

Making a mental note that whoever came down is still here I speak up, "Kai the people in the elevator are still here, we have to get out of here." He nodded with a frown. "Tori, is there any other exit?" I ask.

"Uhm" she replied, almost stuttering. I frowned at what seemed like nothing.

"Just say it" Kai added with a tendency of annoyance. "The only way out of here is through the same door you guys just entered in which means-" "that we're not getting out of here without being caught" Kai finished for her, with an impressive nod lead by a hum coming from Tori.

"Precisely" she added, still nervous due to lack of sources to provide help with.

I nod as I curse under my breath. A quick smile appears on his face before it slowly faded while he got his thoughts under control.

"How many people are out there?" He asked Tori. "There are 8 masked men all dressed in black led by.." she gasped as she got a hold of his face.

"Led by who Tori?" I asked, not wanting to waste another second. "The Dark Eye, he's here" she unwillingly answered.

My palms started to sweat, and a knot found its way up in my chest. My eyes widened as disbelief thundered through me. My stomach dropped and I just realized it was due to low iron.

Not now, I can't lose myself now.

My eyes locked with Kai's as my breathing got faster and faster. He hurried himself over to me clasping my shoulders. He knew exactly what was happening.

That's the thing about me and Kai, even if it's not serious, he knows everything about me, and me him. We've known each other the longest out of everyone in the team. We grew up together. I was only eleven and he was fourteen when we first met. Twelve years later and we're still close.

Kai moves his palms from my shoulder to caress my cheeks. My breathing appeared to be going faster and faster as time went by. So fast that everything turned black -

I opened my eyes to find my mother humming me to sleep, singing our favorite song. "Close your eyes, baby" she soothingly said. I took a deep breath and stretched, letting a yawn leave my lips. I looked up at her. My beautiful mother, who always took care of me when in need. I gave her a smile to which was returned when I stood still.

"Do you know how much I love you?" She asked, placing kisses on my forehead to make me giggle. And I did just that. "I love you too Mommy" I replied. 

It was times like these that made me grateful for my mother, she wouldn't punish me like my dad. She would cry with me and hold me when bad things happened. She often put herself in front of me to distract him from beating me, but instead, beat her. My mother was an angel, she was beautiful, and she continued to be so until my father's beatings on her face had covered most of her beauty.

I don't know why she would stay with a man like that, but he was my father, I had nothing I could say.

It wasn't the worst to get a beating from father, but the worst would be when I was locked in a dark room, surrendering to whatever dark creature that was made in my mind in the dark.

I tried my best to do as I was told and stay out of trouble, because no punishment was equal to the darkness. I never keep track of how long I am locked in the dark attic with no windows or light whatsoever. But I am certain it's more than a day each time.

"I'm sleepy mother" I said unwillingly as I tried my best to keep my eyes open. "Go to sleep, I've got you" she said, stroking my cheeks. She placed a kiss on my forehead as she kept fidgeting with my cheeks. 

I don't know how much time passed by, a minute, two, ten, but I finally went to sleep. Until screams occurred from outside the door. Several loud knocks were placed on the door. "Eleodore you have to get out of here"

"Eleodore?" I opened my eyes to realize I was now looking down at my feet. I took the deepest breath I've gotten out of myself today. Kai's hand tilted my chin up so his gaze met mine. "Deep breaths" he whispered calmingly while placing a kiss on my forehead.

I nodded, doing as I was told. Inhale, exhale. I thought to myself. We both stood still as the door handle behind Kai was fidgeted with. He placed his forehead on mine never breaking eye contact. ''I need you to focus Ellie'' he continued to whisper.

I nodded.

''Alright, keep your guard up baby'' he placed a kiss on my forehead before turning around when the door swung open. Swiftly I drew the gun I robbed from the guard pointing it at the men who had just barged in. I kept both my hands on the gun because that's how Tai taught me to hold a gun for the best outcome.

As they all came in Elijah stood tall in the middle while all his men surrounded us in a circle pointing their guns at us. My heart skipped a beat. Poker face Eleodore.

A grin was plastered on Elijah's face until his gaze caught the same thing that shocked us. The empty room. His smile slowly faded away, showing no too big emotions. A brow of his raised as he tilted his head, showing that he was just as shocked as we were a minute earlier.

He moved his head allowing his gaze to explore more of the empty white room. I stood still with my gun pointed at him while Kai leaned on my back with his own. I felt Kai's movement as he inhaled and exhaled.

I rested my face in attempt of showing no emotions. His gaze moved once more, landing on me this time. His eyes caught mine and I swear my heart skipped a beat as those piercing gray eyes looked right through my soul.

A perfect strand of hair was effortlessly laying on his forehead. His forearms looked like they wanted to escape out of that fine sleek marine blue tux. I looked up at him standing just two meters away from where he stood. 

He looked down on me keeping his eyes on mine. His gaze shifted from my face to my neck, to my shoulders and then finally to my breasts. I took a deep breath which caused my breasts to pop up a bit. His eyebrow raised as his gaze turned back to mine. 

"Eleodore, Kai, what a coincidence to find you down here" he finally spoke nodding at the mention of our names. 

"Put your guns down, there is no need for violence" he added. I snorted, tilting my head to give that 'are you kidding me' look. I bit my lower lip while tightening my grip on the gun. 

He took a step forward and Kai immediately grabbed my waist to then turn me around. His back against mine except this time Kai was facing Elijah and I was facing the other guards. 

"You don't fucking touch her" he calmly said with a hint of anger in his voice. Elijah let out a laugh. "That's not up to you" he replied. "Put the guns down, its 8 against 2, do you really like your odds?"

"I'll take my chances" I exclaimed. "Eleodore, put the gun down" Kai unwillingly demanded. I lowered my gun and threw it on the floor. Kai did the same thing and we kicked it further away with our feet. 

I turned around to face Elijah

"Good, as you both know see, the room is empty. We are both looking for something that's extremely hard to get, so my suggestion.." Elijah calmly explained.

His gaze met mine as he spoke "We collide, you help me, and I'll help you."

 ꔫ - Hi guys, I hope you enjoyed this, please leave a vote for support, thank you!<3